Chapter 24: Revelations

Tracie looked up to the stranger next to her.Turns out it was no stranger.It was Max Owen.He was sitting with his hood covering half his face as he looked between his legs.Tracie was alarmed as she thought that the bench was hard to find and also because it was Max Owen,the notorious bad boy who was sitting next to her.She thought that bad boys only hung out at clubs or alleys or any of those dark places.

Then it struck her,Max Owen is Mr. Anonymous?That seemed impossible because a bad boy who was good with writing?Tracie was a stereotype who judge people based on their looks or what they are known for.Besides,he tried to hit on her when it was obvious she had a boyfriend,oh dreamy bookworm Alexander.

"What are you doing here?"The question came out from her mouth with anger - something she herself did not expect.

"Me?Nothing much,"he said as he leaned on the bench.

"Are you Mr. Anonymous?"The question escaped her mouth before she could collect her thoughts.Tracie put a hand over her mouth,as if that action could make Max unheard her question.

"Mr. what?"Max said as he looked at Tracie weirdly.

"Well then,how did you find this bench?It is quite secluded,"Tracie asked,secretly glad that he was not Mr. Anonymous.

"I wanted to apologise for my behaviour during detention that day.I was just joking.But someone kept avoiding me so I decided to follow her and ask for her forgiveness and return her the book,"Max said as he stood up and lightly kicking the dead leaves.

"Oh,wow,I accept your apology then,"Tracie said as she put the book in her bag and got ready to leave the place.

"Hey let's walk together.After all,a lovely lady like you need an escort to bring her home,"Max said as he held out his hand to Tracie.

"I have a boyfriend so no holding hands,"Tracie said as she walked away from the bench,Max following closely behind.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

The walk turned from a silent one to a laughing one.And soon they were walking next to each other and Tracie hitting Max's shoulder;she had the tendency to do that when she laughs.They were exchanging joke after joke and finally they reached Tracie's house.

"Thank you kind sir for escorting me home.It is I,Tracie Jones,who thank you for your service,"Tracie said as she pretended to be a high class lady.

"It is my pleasure,"Max bowed to Tracie.Tracie was about to  walk away when Max called her."Urm I have a question,my lady,"Max asked as he fiddled with his fingers.

"What?"Tracie asked,worried because he seemed like he was in trouble or some sort.

"Well the thing is..."Max said as he kicked non-existent pebble on the driveway.

Tracie's mind was already filled with different question.Is he going to die?Is he trying to borrow some money?Is he going to blackmail her?The questions in her head were getting more weirder when Max finally says what he wanted to say.

"I'minterestedinLily.Doyouthinkshelikesme?"Max asked in one breath.

"Sorry,what?Kindly repeat yourself while breathing like a normal human,"Tracie said as she demonstrated how to breath.

"I'm interested in Lily.Do you think she likes me?"Max said,slowly as if he was talking to a child who does not know anything.

"Oh Lily.Are you interested interested or interested to tap and go?Because if you do that to her I swear I am goi-"Tracie was cut off as Max put his hand over her mouth.

"I'm interested interested.Gosh I like her which is why I'm asking you.You girls sure over react way too much,"Max said as he shook his head.

"She is single,the last time I checked.So try your luck who knows.But if you break her heart I swear I'm go-"Tracie was once again interrupted when Max hugged her.

"THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU,"Max said as he hugged her tighter than ever.

"Okay you can let go now or else I might die,"Tracie said as she gasped for air.Max let her go and with a final 'thank you',he made his way home.

Tracie laughed to herself and entered her house,unaware that Alexander had been watching Max and her from just now.