Chapter 37: Perfect Prom Night (?)

"Do I look that bad?" Louis asked, breaking the silence between them.

"Yes, I mean, no, you look amazing," Tracie stuttered. Louis then gestured for them to take a seat.

"Your dress is nice. I must say I could make a good fortune teller. My corsage matches your dress quite well," Louis said.

"Mister please don't be too full of yourself. I have a question," Tracie said as she turned to Louis, "When did you know it was me?" Tracie asked.

"That day at the park, I had just replied the note then I decided to climb up a tree as I was thinking maybe Miss Secrets would turn up and I would know who she is all that stuff. I was just about to climb down when I heard footsteps so I stayed put. Then I saw you, sitting down and reading the note and then replying. I was so shocked I did not notice a squirrel was near me. I jumped in surprise and landed on my butt. The squirrel ran towards your direction while I just tried to be quiet," Louis explained.

"Wow," Tracie managed to say, " So the girlfriend was Shay Xenon? You had a fight with her I heard..," Tracie said as she realised she might have asked  a sensitive question.

"It was not a major one. We just woke up one day and thought we would be better off as friends. And how about you and Alexander? You sounded very angry in the note," Louis asked back.

"Oh don't talk about him. Obviously I would be angry, he believed what he saw and expect me not to do the same. He and Vanessa obviously have something together," Tracie ranted before she blew her hair out of her face.

"Nice hair and dress by the way," Louis complimented out of the blue.

"Why thank you very much. Why the compliment out of the blue?" Tracie blushed.

"Why is it 'out of the blue'? Why not 'out of the orange' or any other colour?" Louis said as he put his hand on his chin.

"How do they even name a colour? Why is blue not known as nuggets?" Tracie shot back.

"We both are damn weird," Louis said with a laugh.

"You're the one who is weird. I, on the other hand, am limited edition," Tracie said as she smirked.

"Whatever floats your boat Tracie. You want to go to the hall? Because this place is, sorry to say, a bit boring," Louis said as he got up and offered his hand to Tracie. Tracie nodded in agreement and took his hand. They then walked out, hand in hand, and made their way to the hall.

They entered the hall without attracting much attention. Everyone was busy jumping around and screaming to notice them. The beat of the song was a catchy one. Tracie literally dragged Louis to dance as he was reluctant to do so. In the midst of dancing, Tracie saw her friends and kind of left Louis for a while.

The girls all squealed when they all got together. They started asking where was Mr. Anonymous and who is he. Tracie told them and their jaws touched the floor. After a moment, they all got into a group hug and jumped around. Until Lily asked about Alexander. Tracie told them what happened earlier including how she thought that he could be Mr. Anonymous. Shawna then pointed over to a corner. They all turned to see Alexander with Vanessa, slow dancing for the music had toned down. Tracie just smiled and rolled her eyes. She then look at her friends' dresses.

Hayley was wearing a white dress, like the one Taylor Swift wore in the Mine music video. Lily wore a cute pink flowy dress that reached her knees. Shawna had a dark blue hi-lo dress. Cleo was looking fabulous in her black dress. Tracie was awe-strucked by her friends' dresses. They continued to talk until Hayley asks her to follow her somewhere. Tracie followed without questions.