Chapter 28: Fine.

D-08 →PROM

Tracie woke up the next day. She made the decision to explain to Alexander about what really happened. She checked her phone for any notifications and there were around 30+ messages from her friend.She opened each of them.

R U HOME? - SHAWNA 10:30PM

GURL DID I NOT TELL YOU TO TELL ME WHEN YOU REACHED HOME -SHAWNA 10:32PM

R U ALIVE?PLEASE DON'T DIE I NEED YOU TO FACE MR. FROSH!!!!! -HAYLEY 10:31PM

I suggest you tell Shawna where you are.SHE IS ABOUT TO CALL THE POLICE ON YOU -LILY 10:35PM

Please respond Im begging you -Cleo 10:34PM

Tracie facepalmed herself and took a selfie of herself and sent it to Shawna. She added a short message stating that she had camm home last night in one piece and got carried away with the guests. She took a bath and got ready for school. She went to the kitchen and wondered if Alexander was going to drive her to school for they had not talk since yesterday. Dexter then entered the kitchen with Charlotte,looking fresh and together with their bags. Dexter offered to drive the twins and also Tracie to school. Tracie texted to Alexander that he did not need to drive her to school as Dexter was driving her.

First stop was Willow's and Lucille's daycare centre. Charlotte was a natural with them. They seemed to like her more than they like Dexter. Charlotte had to promise them that she would come visit again before they would let go of her. Tracie just smiled because no one could resist the little twins' charms.

The next stop was Adam's and Julian's school. The Jones tend to register their children in different school so theh could share different perspectives of things. They shouted "We hope the two of you get married" before bolting out of the car,leaving Dexter and Charlotte red in the faces.

Finally,they dropped off Tracie at school. Dexter reminded her to try to explain to Alexander as he hugged her. Charlotte told her that a relationship can only float if there are two people handling it. Tracie just nodded and got out the car and started her quest to find Alexander.

It was not that difficult to spot Alexander on the halls. Especially if he is walking next to the head cheerleader, Vanessa Grisham. She is has the looks and brains so basically she wins at life.  And now she is laughing and hitting on Alexander - his shoulder, she is the ulitimate winner.

Tracie felt a pang in her heart. Why is he walking around with another girl when they are clearly not over yet? Tracie cancelled her intention to explain to Alexander. She made her way to the rooftop - a place to hang out and also a place to scream.

"Oh so you want to be like this?Leaving me hanging?Accusing me of something that I did not even had the chance to explain?Just so you could do it yourself.You know what? FINE. It is fine by me if you want to be like this.Totally fine," Tracie shouted,imagining that Alexander was in front of her. She willed herself not to cry but still there were some stubborn tears that escaped her eyes. She definitely did not need Alexander now. Because she is an independant girl and fine as the finest silk.