Chapter 32: A date...?

D-03 →PROM

Days went by and prom is just around the corner. Teachers are now busy piling up the workload for the students for they will be getting a week off after prom. A week because the principal usually goes for his annual vacation and does not want to be bothered by the school. Madison High is definitely Tracie's favourite school. Not that she had went to other schools before but schools that give their students holiday before and after prom is probably the best.

Hayley groaned when Mr. Frosh gave them 2 Mathematics sample examination to do. "Prom is suppose to be fun. But no, I have to worry about homeworks,assigments,projects and what not," Hayley whined.

"At least those are individual work. For Arabic, we have to do a group project about prom in Arabic. And students don't care about projects when it is the holidays. And to top it off, it affects our overall grade," Lily said as she blew her hair out of her face.

"Chet. Those are just mind work. My gym teacher actually told us to do this workout routine and expect to see video as proof. Like I'm sweating during the holidays? Oh, and you want me to film it? Just let me look like a retarded seal or something," Cleo said.

"Well, at least we have a week off. #brighterside," Tracie tried to lighten the negative atmosphere.

"There is no brighter side Tracie. If it involves school and holidays, nothing good comes out from it," Shawna said as she patted Tracie's shoulder.

"Although PROM is the best part," Cleo squealed and was met by the squeals of others.

Tracie excused herself as she had to be in the hall to help with the decorating. Hayley told her that she would drive Tracie home as she had ballet practice, the last for the month. The others just went home.

Tracie was assigned to blow up the balloons of various colours. She got this as she had made blotches of spray paint when asked to spray paint the Eiffel Tower. She also accidentally ruined the streamers as she pulled too hard. So now she was sitted at a corner, with a few other students, blowing up balloons as they watch others having fun putting up streamers and painting ornaments.

Her cheeks were now hurting after she had blown the last of the balloons. She rubbed her cheeks as she walked to her locker for she had accidentally left her watch inside it. She reached in front of her locker and saw a note and a corsage pasted on her locker. At first, she had thought she had got the wrong locker. But after checking, it was definitely hers. She read the note.

Wear this corsage

And be my date?

- Mr Anonymous

Tracie's heart literally stopped. She was shocked for it has been a while since she checked the bench. She looked around to see of there could be traces of him, but to no avail. She then studied the corsage. It had white roses and an orchid. Or so Tracie thought. It was white and just exudes the meaning of innocence and sweetness. Tracie put it into her bag, being extra careful for she had a lot of junk in her bag. She was still unsure how to react.

She then heard Hayley calling her and hurried her to follow her. Once inside the car, Hayley noticed how lost Tracie lookes and asked 'what's wrong?'. Tracie just shrugged her off and said it must be because her lungs are just tired from huffing and puffing. Hayley just shook her head and got both of them home.

Tracie got home and took a seat at the living room. And that was when realisation hit her like a truck. If Mr. Anonymous had stuck the note on her locker, then he knows who she really is. He knows that she is Miss Secrets. And she have not a single clue on who he is. The thought both scares her and amuses her. Her identity is no longer a secret and also how did he know it was her? She became paranoid and went to her bedroom.