Chapter 36: Mr. Who?

"Momma, Momma,MOMMA!" Tracie hollered.

Momma said she was in her room so Tracie made her way there. She told Momma she needed help to get ready. Momma just smiled and told her to take a bath so that she would feel and look fresher.

She got out of the shower and Momma gave her a bathrobe. Tracie had never worn a bathrobe so she was busy checking herself out in front of the mirror. She kept touching the soft material until Momma threaten to take it away if she doesn't stop touching at the material.

Momma decided to leave her hair down as Tracie looks best when her hair is down. Momma just put on some colourful hair extensions on and Tracie's hair is looking colourful. Momma just gave her a light makeup that goes with her dress. And Tracie was ready. Time now was almost 5.

Tracie was just searching for her shoes when she remembered she had yet to keep the corsage in her bag nor had she took her watch. She then realised her bag was still in her room. She went upstairs and kept the watch in her bag and held onto the corsage.

She went to Papa to ask him to tie up the corsage. Papa gave her a short lecture about stranger danger and all. Tracie just nodded her head and gave Papa a kiss on his cheek as he finished tying the corsage on her wrist. Next came the photo taking session.

Tracie posed for a few pictures and they turned out good. Tracie was about to call Adam to drive her when there was a knock on the door. Tracie opened the door to Alexander. He was standing there, wearing a white tuxedo. And he looked good. Tracie was shocked by his appearance so was the rest of her family. Alexander explained he was here to take Tracie to prom. Stunned, Tracie said goodbye to her family and followed him to his car.

"You look nice," Alexander commented as he opened the door for Tracie.

"So do you," Tracie said as she pushed the door close. "What do you want?" Tracie asked, annoyed.

Alexander gave her a confused look. "You ignored me for god knows how long and suddenly you're driving me to prom? What's the deal?" Tracie asked again.

"There's no deal. I thought, as your boyfriend I have to take you to prom," Alexander explained.

"Say what? Boyfriend? Are you okay?" Tracie asked sarcastically. Alexander looked at her confused.

"Look, your friends cornered me the other day and explained about Max Owen, okay? So I thought we are back to normal? Aren't we?" Alexander asked.

"Then what's the issue with Vanessa? You were all tee-hee-hee around each other," Tracie asked.

"Well me and Vanessa we're just friends okay. I thought we're suppose to trust each other," Alexander argued.

"Oh so now you want to talk about trust? You didn't trust me back then. And guess what? I'm not a charity case and go back to your Vanessa. I can take the bus to prom," Tracie said as she walked towards the bus stop. It was not until she boarded the bus did she remembered that Mr. Anonymous said he would wear a white suit. Alexander was wearing a white suit so could he be?