Chapter 1:The Start

Dear The One That's Reading This Note,

I've been a good girl all year round and still Santa refuses to give me a pony. So I've decided to be a little rebellious this year. Of all the rules that my parents had always told me, I've decided to break the "No Speaking To Strangers" rule. But since I am an awkward and clumsy turtle, I've decided to do it through notes. I really hope that you could join my conquest to go against this white bearded man.

P.S REPLY AND LEAVE IT WHERE YOU FOUND THIS

P.P.S Even if you throw this away, I will still continue to write

-Miss Secrets

Tracie Jones folded the note and stuck the note under the bench she was sitting on. The bench was situated nowhere near any of the equipment in the park, which was why it was Tracie's favourite spot to think or in this case, writing a note to a complete stranger.

Not that it was her normal thing to do. After playing the role of a good girl for seventeen years, she got tired of being good that she decided to do this. She had no hope of getting a reply because it took her quite awhile to find the bench.

Her walk home was uneventful - apart from tripping over her untied shoelaces. Her house was located quite near to the park which was perfect for her. She reached her house and was greeted by Gramps who was practicing his knitting. At the age of 75, he decided to join in any activity the community centre offered. His latest was knitting. He had promised to knit each and every member of the family a pair of socks. He did not notice Tracie's presence until Tracie was standing in front of him. Gramps just gave a slight nod to her before continuing to struggle with the needles.

After observing Gramps, which annoyed him, Tracie went to her bedroom. She felt a surge of happiness as she thought of the note she left. She started to write in her journal - a habit she had since she learned how to write, recording every event that has happened in her life. She was writing her last lines when her stomach grumbled. With a sigh, she made her way to the kitchen. She could not smell any hint of cooking and so a frown made its way to her face. She was about to complain but turned and saw Momma.

"We're having pizza today, now wipe that frown off that face and help me pick the flavours," Momma said.

The frown turned upside down as she started to list all of her favourite flavours. Both of her parents just shook their heads as they tried to make out the words she was saying. By now, she was talking under her breath, muttering different flavours. It was as though she was having a conversation with herself.  After deciding on ten different flavours, she decided to get her sibling's input.

"CHOOSE YOUR FLAVOURS!" Tracie shouted from the kitchen counter. In a flash,her four elder brothers, Dexter(20), Todd(19), Adam and Julian(18), along with her four year old twin sisters, Willow and Lucille, piled into the kitchen. Tracie listed the ten flavours and told them to vote for four flavours each. It was like polling day for pizza flavours.

After what seemed like forever, Momma managed to order the pizza and all that was left to do was wait. Tracie tried to fill her time with doing her homework but that didn't work as she was too hungry to do work. In the end, she ate some chips as she fingered through her latest read; 34 Pieces Of You by Carmen Rodrigues.

By dinnertime, the pizza had arrived and was served. The twins, Adam and Julian, wanted to finish another round of their video game and warned Tracie not to eat their share. Tracie only responded with a mere shrug of her shoulders. Pizza is her favourite food and she sometimes lose track of the number of slices she ate. If they want their share, they better take it themselves. 

Dinner went on fine until Gramps starts a conversation.

"Tracie, my honey pie, did you know when I was your age, I was married to your Gramma who was already expecting your dad. So tell me, got a boy yet?"

Tracie almost choked on her food due to what Gramps just said and also because she was just swallowing without chewing her food properly, earning a glare from Momma.

"She is so not getting married before me Gramps," Dexter said with his mouth full of food.

"I prefer she finishes her studies first," Papa added, his mouth too was full of food too.

The litlle twins seems to want to give their piece of mind too. "Ewww boys have cooties. Twacie don't go near them or you'll die," they added with much cuteness.

"Well, I prefer that all of you refrain from talking with your mouths filled with food. Tracie, be a dear and chew properly," Momma added.

Tracie ensured to swallow her food before standing up dramatically, "People of Jones. As much as I would love being married and having kids, I prefer finishing my studies first. And about boys having cooties, I'll make sure they are cured from it before I ever go near them, okay Willy and Lucy?"

After delivering her short speech, Tracie excused herself quickly for she may have accidentally consumed Adam's and Julian's share. She was quick to jump into the safety of her bed, at least until they found out, and drifted off to dreamland as she recalled off the note she left under the bench. Along with her unfinished homework that was sitting on her desk.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Hope you like it

COVER BY MY FRIEND, SQUIRTLE♥

trishasparagus