Chapter 30: Who's there?

Tracie asked Hayley to drop her at the park. Hayley said that she wanted to check out the ducks at the pond so she will wait for her. Hayley parked her car and they head towards the pond. After being mesmerized by the ducks,Tracie excused herself to go to the bench.

She walked to the bench and checked for notes. It caught her by suprise when she found a note.

Miss Secrets, are you sure boys are always the ones that leave girls hanging? Like you could explain it to him but it seems like you didn't even try to explain. So why put the blame on boys? -Mr. Anonymous

Tracie was shocked when she finished reading. What Mr. Anonymous wrote was undeniably true. She did not even try to explain but only because Alexander seemed like he did not want to listen. And besides,he has Vanessa now. Tracie started writing her reply.

Boys should therefore lower their egos and try to listen instead of bullshitting their way through things. And judging based on what they see? WOW whatever happen to the idiom "There is more than meets the eye" -Miss Secrets

Satisfied with her note,Tracie folded it and put it under her bench. She let out a sigh as she thought about how she is 'arguing' with two guys at a time. A girl can only handle so much. Tracie was relaxing when she heard crunches of leaves from behind her. She quickly turned to look at the direction the sound came from but it was only a squirrel. Tracie made her way to the pond where she finds Hayley on her phone,sitting cross-legged by the pond.

"Do you call it a quack when you tweet by the duck pond?" Tracie asked as she sat nexy to Hayley.

"What?Why are yoh so weird?" Hayley questioned as she "judged" Tracie from head to toe.

"I was trying to be funny but that attempt obviously failed," Tracie said as she faked hurt.

"Accept the fact that you are not funny. So are we ready to go or are you sleeping over with your new found family?" Hayley said as she brushed her jeans and started walking to the carpark. Tracie followed her closely behind.

The drive home was not a silent one. Hayley had switched on the radio and the station was having a Taylor Swift marathon so they sung their hearts out. Suprisingly,they did not crash for the amount headbanging Hayley was doing was quite a lot.

Hayley parked her car outside the Jones' driveway and invited herself in. Tracie had texted Momma that Hayley was giving her a ride and Momma had then invited Hayley for dinner. And it was also the perfect opportunity to tutor Hayley in her Mathematics homework.

Dinner was not ready so Momma told them to do their homework and would call them when it is ready. Hayley and Tracie went to the house library and took out their homework. While quizzing Hayley the steps,Tracie recalled how Alexander had asked her to be his girlfriend after they were done with the question. And the question that they wete going through was almost similar to the one she went through with Alexander that day.

Tears started welling up un her eyes. Hayley was about to ask her a question when she saw the tears in Tracie's eyes. She started to panic.

"If you don't know how to do this question, it is perfectly fine. I don't mind so don't stress yourself out," Hayley said as she observed Tracie, who was now bawling. Tracie shook her head, trying to reassure her friend thaf she was alright but failed miserably. "Do you want to talk about it?" Hayley asked.

Tracie nodded and immediately took out a memory box that is dedicated to the all the memories between her and Alexander. She took out the question they went through that day - she made a copy,yes,she is that weird, and talked about the day. Hayley became a faithful listener as she listened to how she wanted to walk in the rain but Alexander said 'no'. And how they both ended up on the ground, laughing that Tracie had slipped on a puddle when she tried to run. Then the books Alexander had asked her to read. And that one time when they had their balcony dates and Tracie complained she was cold, so Alexander gave her his hoodie. And a bunch of small things that Tracie felt important. Tracie was explaining the last item when Momma called them down for dinner. They both raced to the dining room and obviously Hayley won.