Fifty eight

I washed my face and brushed my teeth to help myself freshen up a bit, my hair was in my face and annoying me so I tied it into a messy bun.

I noticed Luke had a few pictures on his bedside and wanted to take a better look at them. One of which was of us both, it was for an event that looked like prom, we were both dressed so nicely with his hand on my waist and I was turned towards him... right next to that was a picture of us both clearly cuddled up, we both looked extremely tired and I had no makeup on, it was a selfie but regardless of it all we looked so happy.

I went to get changed and put on the oversized sweatshirt Luke had offered me earlier with a fresh pair of leggings. I put my glasses on and headed downstairs.

I padded down the hallway and butterscotch quickly joined me, I walked into the kitchen where Luke was helping his much with the cooking.

He turned his attention to me when I walked in and so did his mum.

"Evee, I made your favourite, I hope you like it." Liz said getting a dish out of the oven.

"I'm sure I will." I said,

"Take a seat." She said to me with a smile.

I looked over at Luke who was still staring at me, he was in a daze but snapped out of it once we made he contact.

"Luke, go sit down please." His mum said to him, trying to get his attention.

He seemed to snap out of whatever his thoughts were and came to sit down next to me.

Liz plated up the food and set it in front of us.

"You two start eating, I need to go and quickly get a few things before your Nona and grandad get here." She said looking at me.

Luke just nodded and I spoke up.

"Are you sure? I'm sure they won't mind." I said.

Liz shook her head, "it's just to be polite, I don't mind I ate something earlier." She said while smiling kindly at me and I just nodded. She got her things and left and I stared down at the food in front me.

Silence fell over us and I kept playing with my food. My head was spinning and I just wanted to go back to sleep.

"You need to eat." Luke said glancing at my place and then back at me.

"I just want to go back to sleep." I said, the second I said it I felt scared by the concept of sleep. I'm scared I'll come across memories I might now want to remember.

"You need to eat so you can have your medicine." He said, looking me in the eyes. Those blue eye, they're so pretty. I still don't know why one has a bruise...

Luke shut his eyes and took a deep breath. He looked around as if he was contemplating something before looking back at me.

"It was your brother." He finally said,

"Hm?" I asked confused,

He pointed to his bruise and my heart dropped.

"No don't worry you'll laugh about how it happened, okay maybe not but it's actually sort of funny," he said.

"I don't see how punching someone in the face is funny." I said scooting back a bit in my chair.

"Everyone did a collective vote for this to happen Everest." He said.

I looked at him shocked, "what did you do?" I asked slowly.

"So um.." he said with a hint of nervous laughter, "I was a dick to you the entire time we dated when I was on..." he suddenly went more serious and stopped laughing, his face fell.

"When you were on?" I asked, the worst he could say is he was on drugs, but I just want to know how badly he actually treated me to get punched.

"When I was away." He said, "and I was planning to break up with you the day you broke up with me, because I didn't put you first when I should have."

"Well you sound like a dick." I said.

"Yeah, and trust me I would have come running back if I could have." He said, "I deserved it... but anyway, your brother always said 'if you break her I'll break you' and he's a man who keeps his word. So he asked everyone, except for you, if he should punch me and even my grandparents voted yes... so here we are!" He said with hand gestures.

I small smile tugged onto my lips.

"Well..." I said, "your right, here we are."

He mimicked my smile. "Do you um..." he started but stopped for a moment, "do you want to go out some time? It can be as friends, I just want to show you placed we used to go that you loved."

Luke's POV

"I'd like that." She agreed and I breathed a sigh of relief.

I kept getting distracted by how adorable she looks in my oversized sweatshirts with her glasses and messy bun. I just want to cuddle her and give her hugs. I also just want her to feel safe and protected, I'm just worried that the biggest threat to her is me.

"You need to eat." I said, after realising I was dazing into her eyes for too long.

She finally settled down and started eating.

A little while later the door clicked open and we looked up to see mum with Everest's grandparents and Alaki behind her.

Everest got up and he nona was walking straight towards her with arms open.

"Nona?" She said, and nona has a smile take over her lips and looked like she could cry.

She took her into a hug, "you remember me." Nona stated.

"And grandpa" Everest nodded. I know we told her that her grandparents were coming but I can tell by the look on her face and how she's acting that she remembers more than just who they are.

Her grandad joined in the hug and they held her close, she's always been their little angel.

They pulled away and Everest had tears streaming down her cheeks. My heart broke slightly, she's been holding a lot in around us and they shows shes not comfortable with us yet, it's not her fault but it's something we can only do so much to change.

"Don't worry bee, we're here for you now." Her grandad said while cupping her cheeks.

I'm sorry I haven't updated and I haven't even been away that long but I have been busy I'm sorry okay. Hope you enjoyed this unedited chapter, love you ❤️