Eight

I was packing up everything from my room, I didn't bother setting it back up, I knew he would just destroy it all again.

I feel like today was just one of those bad days. I think I've just hit my limit, I don't think I can live here any more.

I haven't been downstairs once since I got home, but I know Alaki is downstairs so that means dad isn't home.

My phone started ringing, I picked it up and saw the caller ID, it said 'Luke', I started contemplating if I should ignore, hang up or actually answer. I thought he would hang up after a few rings but he didn't, I picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I answered,

"I'm sorry." He said, "I promise I had no intention of using you, if that's what I came across as I'm sorry, Everest your an amazing person I would never do that to you, and that's not something I've ever said to a girl, I mean it."

"I-it's fine." I said, I didn't expect him to come out with that,

"Everest, if you don't want to speak to me anymore it's fine and I respect that, but I'm sorry for ever making you feel like I would use you." He said,

I smile tugged onto my lips,

"Thank you, that means a lot." I smiled, "and I'm sorry if-"

"Don't you dare say sorry because you did nothing wrong." He said,

I smiled again, "okay fine I won't, but thank you."

All of a sudden I heard a loud thud from downstairs along with Alaki yelling in pain.

I quickly got up and ran downstairs,

"Everest what was that?" Luke asked,

"I don't-" I started but when I got to the living room I came face to face with my dad. Alaki was on the floor holding onto his head in agonising pain, my dad turned to look at me, his muscles tensing and relaxed as he inhaled and exhaled.

"Everest?" I heard Luke say down the line and my dad's expressions twisted, I felt frozen, my phone slipped from my hand and the second it hit the ground I screamed and ran into the bathroom, locking the door behind me, I couldn't stop screaming, I could control myself.

I went to the corner of the room, still hearing loud banging on the door and yelling from my dad saying "GET OUT HERE!" I was crying and was curled in a ball.

I don't know how long I was in there, I thought the lock was about to break again. My thought were clouded, all I could think about was Alaki and if he was okay.

Then he stopped. "Fine." He said, he sounded angry but he wasn't screaming.

I looked towards the door in horror.

"You won't come out? I'll just deal with your brother." He said and I heard him walk away.

I shot up and went to the door, unlocking it and running into the living room where Alaki was, he was collapsed on the floor, not moving.

"Alaki! Alaki please! Wake up!" I cried, I shook him but he wouldn't wake up, he was too heavy for me to pick up.

I heard metal being dragged across the floor, I turned to see dad at the door with a golf club in his hand, he wasn't my dad... he was a monster.

"Move." He said through gritted teeth.

I shook my head no, "please don't." I cried, "please leave him alone."

His face twisted into a crooked smile, he started walking towards us,

"Daddy please." I cried, "please."