Twenty

I was back home with Nona who was cooking dinner, she cooks the best food I've ever eaten, I feel like I gain 5 pounds just thinking about her food.

We sat down to eat her risotto and talk about our day. She told me she booked a flight back to New Zealand for the weekend so she could pack anything she needed and left behind, she moved here last minute and couldn't really take everything she needed in one go, plus she needs to visit my grandpa.

She asked if I would go like with Alaki for the weekend or stay here, I said I'd be alright to stay here but asked if Alaki and Luke could come over now and then. She gave me a look but then said yes.

----------

"Bye Nona, love you, have a nice flight, be nice to grandpa, give him a hug from me and stay safe, love you!" I said all in one go while giving Nona the tightest hug before she left for her flight.

"Alright I will, stay safe, call if you need anything and I'll be back before you know it." She said kissing my cheek.

She pulled away and went to Alaki to give him a hug, "look after your sister, and look after yourself." She said before kissing his cheek and ruffling his hair, she still thinks we're 5 years old but I don't really mind.

"Okay Nona, stay safe." Alaki said pulling away.

Nona left for her flight and Alaki drove me back home, he insisted on staying over and we soon got a call from Nona saying she had landed.

I went to bed after that.

----------

The next day I woke up to a several miss calls from Luke, and texts, I tried to call him back but he didn't pick up. I went to check the text and that's when I realised he was clearly drunk last night.

I lovve you one of the texts said, my heart started pounding,

I swer this isnt justt for sex the next one read.

Am a nervous antisocial being and I think I would struggle to breath if I carried on reading so I locked my phone and put it under my pillow.

I took a deep breath and stared up at the ceiling. Okay, how do I even react when I see him next.

I went downstairs and saw Alaki at the kitchen table looking at his phone.

"Morning." I said, I went to open the fridge to get some juice.

Alaki stayed silent for a while before responding. "Morning." I said.

"Everything alright?" I asked.

"Just looking through aggressive texts I got from your boyfriend." He said and I went red.

"What." I blurted out.

"Luke texted me." He said, he showed me his phone with a passive aggressive smile on his face.

I read through the texts and he was clearly drunk.

"It's obvious he was drunk." Alaki said, he practically read my mind.

"Yeah." I agreed, turning my attention away from his phone,

"He can't even control himself when he's drunk, he's ridiculous." Alaki said.