Thirty nine

Luke's POV

"I don't wanna do this any more!" I yelled frustrated at my manager.

"Luke, you need to follow this through you've already signed the paperwork and we've given them a downpayment." My manager said, he wasn't having any of this.

"I do everything you tell me to do, just for this once, please can you just listen to me!?" I said,

"This isn't all about you Luke, they are one of the biggest media companies in Australia and if you sign for a photoshoot, your going to the photoshoot." He said.

"I signed for the company, I never signed for the photographer." I said.

He nodded, "so that's what it's about." He said, "this is very immature of you, I'm going to make a phone call and see what I can do but this is another persons career Luke, it sounds terrible to say you won't work with someone."

"It's not- don't- just forget about it. I'll do it, just let me speak to the boys first." I said, I didn't want Everest to get into trouble on a job she's worked so hard for.

We had a photoshoot booked with the company Everest worked for, I didn't know until we all got the confirmation email and I saw her name as the photographer. I haven't spoken to her in months.

"Just, get yourself dressed Luke, we have places to be." My manager said before leaving the room.

----------

Everest's POV

It was the day after the nightmare shoot with Cressida Stirling and I was looking through all her pictures and editing them. We needed to post something on our company website from the shoot, we always post and keep our social media up to date, we're well known.

My manager came up to me and looked onto my screen at the picture I was working on.

"Looks really good." She said smiling, "did you work on a post for our website?"

"Actually..." I said, "I'm not too sure how you'll feel about this, but I think it looks really cool." I pulled up an image onto my screen.

I had taken all the ripped up images that Cressida tore up yesterday and had put them against a black background, all of them slightly un-alighted to what they should be. The concept was her dressed up to perfection, with the image broken and consisting harsh pieces, putting a reality check on perfection.

I spun on my chair slightly to look up at Kat, she studies the image for a while, taking the mouse and zooming in at certain areas before zooming out and looking back at me.

"That's very powerful work Everest." She said looking down at me, "I really like it."

"Thank you." I said with a light smile.

"Post it." She said without hesitation, I was slightly shocked, I thought it was controversial.

"W-wait- really?" I stuttered, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, and add photo credits for yourself, this is what you can produce and people need to see it." She said.

A smile appeared on my face. I worked really hard on this piece and getting a response like this is phenomenal. Kat has always been an amazing manager.

"Make sure you send off Cressida's pictures before you post it. Anyway, I actually came to give you this, it's a rundown of the shoot that's happening tomorrow." She said, "Your the photographer."

I took the papers from her hand and looked down at them, he first page is always just a cover letter of who is on the team, which was slightly bigger for this shoot than usual, I flicked through the papers. My heart felt like it stopped once I read who it was for.

5 seconds of summer.
-Ashton Irwin
-Calum hood
-Michael Clifford
-Luke Hemmings

"I need you to sign the paperwork and bring it back by lunch time." Kat said, "I wanted a talented photographer and you came to mind."

"Thanks Kat." I said looking down at the papers, "but, this um- my Ex boyfriend is in the band, and there's been a lot about us online, I don't want the focus to go off the shoot."

Kat pursed her lips and looked at me, "I've already recommended you, they've replied saying they're happy with everything. Everest I really do understand, but this would almost be a good opportunity, people might think of the past at first but once they see the pictures they'll see your talent."

"I just don't want it to seem like I'm abusing his fame." I said.

She took the seat next to me.

"You have an amazing heart Everest, and your passion shows through in your work. Everyone in this industry gains recognition through working with others. His band grows through being on magazine covers and those pictures are taken by photographers. It's not you abusing his fame, it's you having your work recognised." She said.

I nodded.

"Do you just feel nervous about it?" She said.

She read me like a book, I felt sick to my stomach. I nodded at her and she opened her arms, giving me a hug, I hugged her back and she eventually pulled away.

"Never let a boy stop you from doing what you love, in any way, shape or form." Kat said, "you have an entire team with you that day, but if your still not happy about it, tell me at any time and I'll change it for you."

"Thank you Kat." I said, taking a pen into my shaking hands and signing the paperwork before my heart had any chance to interfere with my thought process.

----------

*the next day*

"I want the matte grey backdrop for the single photos." I said gesturing with my hands to where I wanted the backdrop to be.

Our team was all here and we were setting up, it was around 4 in the morning and the smell of coffee was in the air. We had a team of around 15 people. Rimmy and Delilah were working with me today, that calmed my nerves a lot.

My mind kept racing to conclusions, I kept wondering what if they decided not to turn up today. Or what if they demand a new photographer when they see me. What if Luke didn't even read the paperwork and he didn't even know I was going to be here.

I had to focus on what I was doing and took my mind away from all my thoughts of him. Today I'm a photographer, I need to get good pictures and leave, that's my job. I kept my head down while I fixed the lenses of my camera, adjusting it accordingly.

"Hey." The familiar deep voice say and that's all it took to take my breath away.

I forgot got to breath, or how to talk. Everything I said to prep myself was just a way of wasting time.

I looked up and was met by the blue eyes I truly did love so much. It's been months and I thought I had started getting over him but those blue eyes just brought everything back.

I opened my mouth to speak but felt unable to say anything. I felt the light tears brimming my eyes but I kept fighting them back.

"Everest, I need you for a minute." I quickly heard Rimmy's voice say and I felt him take my arm, he pulled me into a small storage room where our tech and makeup supplies were kept.

All it took was for Luke to make eye contact with me once and I felt just like I did the day we broke up.

Rimmy pulled me into a hug and my tears fell from my eyes. Rimmy rocked us back and forth while holding me close to his chest, trying to calm me down.

"I still love him Rimmy." I mumbled into his chest, more tears spilling from my eyes.