Six

Luke's POV

I glanced over Everest while driving and she took her hair down and shook her head to loosen her waves, her hair is pretty much straight but with a slight wave to it. Her entire look transformed.

Seeing her smile this bright is amazing, she's so beautiful but she doesn't realise, but what I love is she doesn't give much attention to how she looks, she's comfortable in her own skin.

I parked the car outside of my house and we got out of the car, I walked in front of her towards the front door and opened it.

"Who is it?" I heard my mum yell,

"Just me!" Luke yelled back,

"Oh your back." She said while walking towards us, she came out from around the corner and stopped when she saw us,

"Oh you brought a girl," she smiled, and then looked up at me.

"Mum this is Everest, she's Alaki's little sister." I said,

"Oh." Mum said... she definitely thought she was my girlfriend.

"Anyway, were going up to my room." I said starting to walk up the stairs,

"What? Dinners ready, eat first." Mum said.

I sighed, "fine, I'm going to the bathroom first though... and don't make Everest uncomfortable... please." I said walking up the stairs.

Everest's POV

I followed Luke's mum into the kitchen and took a seat on a bar stool.

"So, how do you and Luke know each other?" She asked, "other than you being Alaki's sister of course. Do you go to school together?"

"Yeah," I mumbled, "he knows my brother and we got paired for a project recently and that's how we started talking."

She smiled kindly over at me while putting some food onto a plate.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, you can call me Liz," she smiled, "it's nice to see Luke bring such a lovely girl home... you are just friends right?"

"...yes." I said,

"You got nervous." She said,

"I'm always nervous." I mumbled,

"Okay dear I believe you." She laughed, "and don't be nervous, our home is your home, your always welcome here."

"Thank you." I smiled,

"Are you hungry?" She asked,

"Not really." I said and Amy stomach rumbled straight after... well that was comical...

"I think you are, come on." She said setting some plates down on the table.

I heard Luke padding down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Did you make her uncomfortable?" Luke asked,

"Only a little." Liz smiled.

"Mum!" Luke groaned sitting down.

We ate dinner quietly, I pushed a lot of the food around my plate, it's a nervous habit...

After we were done we went upstairs, Luke lead me to his bedroom and turned on the TV he had.

I texted Alaki to tell him where I was,

Hey, I'm at Luke's house I texted

Why are you at his house? He responded,

He didn't want to leave me with dad alone I said,

I'll be over in an hour he said.