Fifty three

Stephanie said she wanted to go and do her makeup and change into something nicer if we were going out for the day so her and Rimmy went back to his house while me and Luke drove back to mine.

I opened the door and Luke stepped in behind me, this is the first time he's ever been to this house.

"Nice place." He said looking around.

"Thank you." I said closing the door and I could already hear familiar feet padding against the ground.

Butterscotch came running towards me at full force and attacked me with her adorableness, she then noticed Luke and attacked him too.

She followed us into the living room where Rimmy was set up with his makeup. He gave me and Luke a quick hug.

"I'm gonna go change and I'll meet you back here in a while." I said and the two nodded.

I changed into a romper and re did my hair so it was in a messy bun but the pieces framing my face were straightened so it looked like a put together messy bun... this is such a classic Everest look but an upgraded version.

I put on some primer to bring my skin back to life, some concealer, powder, mascara and a lip tint before grabbing my glasses and going downstairs. I wear contacts a lot now but glasses have always felt more comfortable so I opted for them today.

I went downstairs and back into the living room, Rimmy was all done with Luke's makeup and although we knew there was a bruise underneath that makeup, I don't think anyone else would be able to tell.

"I still can't believe he actually did it." Rimmy said.

"I can." Luke laughed,

"But Everest wouldn't hurt a bug." Rimmy said before they realised I was in the room.

I smiled over at them both before sitting on the sofa next to butterscotch.

"You look cute." Rimmy said,

"Thank you." I said with a slight smile, tilting my head up to him.

"You look like you did in high school." Luke said.

"A bit more put together" I rolled my eyes,

Luke stood up from the chair and thanked Rimmy, we got our stuff together and said our goodbyes before leaving, we did invite him to join but he said he'd be fifth wheeling.

Once we closed the door Luke kissed my cheek.

"Did you put makeup on?" He asked,

"Did you put makeup on?" I asked back, taunting him.

He went silent for a second before speaking up, "I don't wanna talk about it." He stated, looking down and walking towards the car. He was only joking, he's used to wearing makeup for shows.

Me and Luke probably had one of the best days imaginable. We held hands at most seeing as we were with my protective brother and don't want things to get awkward, but it allowed us to build up the innocent friendship we used to have.

Our relationship always consisted of innocent playful comments, it's just our way if poking fun at one another but I think we took it to the extreme today. We were bullying each other to the point where our comments became savage and I'm shocked one of us wasn't physically burned yet.

Once the day was over, Luke and I were in his car on our way back to my house, it had started raining and I looked out the window admiring the scenery when his phone started ringing while he was driving and he asked who it was.

"It's Adam." I said, 5sos's manager. "Should I put it on speaker?"

"Oh." He said reaching out for his phone, I quickly pulled his phone away.

"Your not answering the phone while driving!" I said,

"Everest!" He yelled.

"Luke!" I yelled back,

"Fine put it on speaker! Just cover your ears." He said.

I just gave him a death glare, I wasn't going to argue, I put it on speaker and dropped it into my lap, covering my ears. He took it and threw it in his own lap and I watched as a smile took over his face, after he was done he put the phone back where it was between the seats and took one of my hands in his.

He linked our fingers and played with my hand. He seemed so happy, so content. It started raining heavier, Luke should have slowed down but he didn't, he was still dazed in whatever gave him so much joy.

I pulled my hand away gently and he kept his on my leg.

"Luke could you slow down a bit please?" I asked,

"Hmm?" He said looking over at me.

I turned and looked at him,

"Slow down." I stated, at this point I genuinely felt uncomfortable.

"Everest, were fine." He said, not slowing down and keeping both hands where they were.

"Luke, listen to me." I said, I kept looking towards him.

"Everest stop being so paranoid all the time." He said back, "I'm in a good mood okay."

"You can't drive like this when it's raining this badly." I still pressed.

"Everest will you just-" he started but I cut him off,

"LUKE!" I screamed as I saw headlights coming straight towards us.