Ten

I woke up multiple times through the night. The second I saw the sun come out I checked my phone. It was six am.

I got a text from Luke, it said: text me when your awake x

It said 'sent at 5:50am' so it was only 10 minutes ago,

I texted back: awake x

I heard Luke coming up the stairs before the door to his room opened.

"Morning," he said, looking tired as ever.

"Morning." I mumbled,

He came and sat next to the bed, his eyes were red and he was obviously still tired. I shuffled over to the side of the bed and held open the covers, inviting him in.

He smiled and laid down next to me, both of us still keeping our distance. We didn't say anything, in fact after a few minutes I heard light snoring and I could tell he had fallen asleep again.

I'm not used to staying in bed past 6, but it's actually really nice. I laid awake but it was nice not to be hurrying to get out of the house.

After a while Luke's alarm went off and he groaned, he reached for his phone and turned it off.

"You need to get up." I whispered,

"I don't want to." Luke said, while actually getting up,

"You say that as your getting up?" I joked,

He smiled down at me. He got up and started getting clothes out of the draw. We heard the door creek open.

"Just checking why Luke wasn't on the sofa." Liz said in her morning voice.

"Just getting cloths." Luke said holding up a shirt, "j came in here at like 6."

His mum nodded and closed the door. Luke ran around and got ready, I heard his brothers do the same and Liz talking to them.

Just before Luke left he came to see me, "I'll be back from school as soon as possible, but mums home today, if you need anything just let me know." He said before kissing my forehead,

"Thank you." I smiled at him.

After he left the house was quiet. I got up and out of bed, I went over to the bathroom to freshen up.

I padded down the stairs and down the hall to the kitchen, I saw Liz washing some dishes.

"Good morning dear, take a seat." She smiled,

I sat down and she put a plate of food in front of me.

"Your grandmother called me today, she said her and your grandad would meet you and your brother at the hospital at around 5." She said, "Luke comes back at 3 today, I'm leaving when he gets home to go get a few things but I'll be back by 4."

"Okay, thank you Liz." I said,

"It's okay," she smiled.

----------

Liz came back at 4 as she said she would. Me and Luke were in his room playing PS4 but when Liz walked in she asked Luke to leave for a bit.

She was carrying two bags and set them down on the bed.

"I got you a few things that I know you'd need, I'm really sorry I'm bad at shopping for teenage girls, I only have sons." She smiled,

"Oh gosh, you really didn't need to." I said, "I get to go home in two days."

"Don't be silly dear, you need some things until then." She said, "now, I'm sorry if these don't fit well but I guessed your size."

Liz got me two paid of leggings, a long red flannel top and a pair of tights with a dress, along with some underwear.