Thirty one

Luke's POV

I was at home with my mum (sad as that is) while watching a performance on Tv. The tour ended a few months ago and were working on original music now, it's a lot more time consuming than I would have thought but I love every second of it.

Everest is 18 now and that means she's able to move out, Nona said she's going to stay in Australia until Everest settles into her own home but after that she plans on going back to New Zealand. Everest is still searching but she's been really interested in one apartment in particular.

Speaking of Everest, my phone started ringing and I saw she was calling me.

"Hey," I answered,

"Luke check twitter right now!" She said very quickly,

"What? Why!?" I asked.

"Luke just go onto Louis Tomlinson's twitter page, I'm coming over." She said and before I could reply she hung up.

I know she liked their music but she never fangirls like this, I opened up the twitter app and went into Louis'  twitter page. I read his most recent tweet and the moment I processed what was going on I dropped my phone and turned to my mum.

"Everything alright?" She asked looking concerned,

"Louis- from one direction.. he-he tweeted us." I stuttered out.

A smile took over my mums lips and she gave me a hug,

"Oh my God." I said breathlessly.

That's when I noticed my phone had exploded with messages, I replied to the guys who I could tell were all as shocked as I was.

After a few minutes I heard the doorbell and quickly ran to open it, Everest instantly jumped into my arms and gave me the biggest hug she possibly could.

Oh my God. We might actually make it.

-------------

*a few months later*

"This is the last one." I said as I put down the final box in Everest's new apartment. It was small but I could see it fit her perfectly.

"Thanks Luke." She said pecking my lips.

"No problem," I smiled.

"Goodness knows how I'll get by without you." She said,

I cupped her face with my hands and squished her cheeks.

Our band was asked to be the opening act for one directions world tour and we leave in a week. I have no idea how I'll manage without her but we'll make it work.

"I'm always going to be there for you as much as I can, you know that." I said, "my mum doesn't live too far though so if you ever feel lonely and I'm a flight away, you know where to go."

"I know, and if you ever feel like punching someone or something, call me. Please don't punch people, that's mean. Please don't punch walls, Liz doesn't want to pay for damage." She shook her head at the end making me laugh.

"Okay." I said kissing her forehead.

Me and Everest both spent hours setting up the furniture, we had painted the walls last week so luckily that was all done. By the end of the day we were so tired we went to eat before I drove her back to her Nona's house for the night.

Nona booked her flight back to New Zealand for next week as well, the day before me and the boys leave for tour, I'm going to be worried about Everest but she's gotten a lot stronger as a person.

---------

*one week later*

I woke up with Everest still asleep beside me, we always sleep the same way with me as the big spoon and somehow our legs always get tangled together.

I didn't want to move, I know I wouldn't be able to lay with her like this for months, I don't get upset over s lot of things, but I'm getting very upset over this.

She stirred in her sleep a bit before she woke up. She turned to face me and gave me a small smile. We stayed silent for a few minutes before she spoke up.

"You exited?" She asked in her morning voice.

I shrugged slightly and she frowned at me to question why I frowned. I pulled her into my arms and her head was buried in my chest. My eyes watered slight but I blinked away the tears before pulling away.

"You should start getting ready." She said after looking at my alarm clock.

"I don't want to move." I said.

"You can't miss your flight." She said giggling slightly.

"But I won't get to lay like this for months." I said.

Her expression fell slightly. We didn't say anything to each other after that, after a few minutes she pushed herself out of bed and I forced myself to get up.

Within 30 minutes we were ready and downstairs with my suitcases. Mum made us pancakes, Ben and jack came over to say bye to me, because apparently their loving brothers.

I sat in the front of mum's car because I needed to 'spend time with mummy liz' as instructed by Everest. Mum drove us to the airport where we met up with the other boys.

We got our bags checked in but we were running slightly late so it was soon time to say goodbye to everyone.

I hugged my brothers, jack made one final joke about my hair, Ben said to be responsible, I hugged my mum who was crying, I didn't let go of mum for a long time, I thought about everything she's done for me and my brothers, I have the best mother alive. Maybe I cried a bit while I hugged my mum but that's a secret.

Then I went over to Everest. She had a weak smile on her face and pulled her sweater sleeves into sweater paws. I walked over to her with open arms and wrapped my arms around her shoulders. I hid my face in her hair and felt her shaking slightly, she's crying, I held onto her tightly and kissed the top of her head.

She looked up at me with teary eyes but she still pulled a smile onto her lips, "your going to be amazing." She said and that's what brought tears to my eyes.

When I pulled away the guys and I looked at each other, silently agreeing it was time to leave.

"Well." I said looking at my Mum, brothers and Everest.

"If you do anything stupid I'm getting on a plane and taking you straight off that stage." Mum said to me, catching me off guard.

"I'll miss you too mum." I joked.