Thirty five

Luke's POV

"What do you mean you thought she's be okay with it, Luke your actually an idiot!" Jack yelled at me.

"How much has she been okay with in the past!? I know this is a stretch but you know if I didn't have a girlfriend I'd be doing this, and it's not just for me it's for the boys." I said.

"Your acting like the worst person ever, your so fame hungry it makes me sick, get out and try to fix this." He said, pushing me back by my shoulder.

"She doesn't want to see me right now!" I yelled back.

"You realise you have a flight in six hours right? Do you expect to leave this to the last minute?" He said, "get out the door and go talk to her."

"You do realise management called me and said they expect me to end things with her right? If I don't see her then I don't have to-" I started but jack cut me off.

"So you can call her to say everything's over? So then you don't need to deal with her being upset? Get your ass out of the house and be a man for once Luke." Jack said.

--------

I dragged myself towards her apartment, jack dropped me off just outside and I went into the building with they're spare key, I got to her door but instead of walking in I nocked.

What am I even supposed to say? I'm legal bound to end things with her, management has the power to do that... God I wish I never signed that piece of paper.

After a few seconds the door creaked open the slightest bit, Everest realised it was me but didn't open the door the entire way.

"Can I come in please?" I asked.

She stayed silent for a moment, before saying, "fine." And opening the door.

I started to hear padding towards me and just after Everest closed the door, Butterscotch jumped up at me so I'd start petting her.

"Hey!" I said to Butterscotch, kneeling down slightly to pet her, Everest walked towards the sofa and I soon got up ant followed her.

She sat down and I sat across from her, this silence felt suffocating.

"Is they're anything you wanted to say?" She asked, she wasn't smiling and I could tell she was still mad... now I had to make this all worse, if only I didn't pick up the phone to management an hour ago.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry." I said.

"Okay." She said, but I quickly carried on talking.

"And-" I went silent, I can't do it... I can't end things with her, I can't bring myself to let the words pass my lips.

"And?" She questioned.

I couldn't speak, I can't say it. She's my world, she means so much to me, I can't bring myself to let her go.

"In that case can I say something?" She asked.

I nodded, unable to speak.

"I wanted to tell you today I got an apprenticeship offer, the one I told you I really wanted. I start on august." She said,

"That's amazing." I finally said,

"Yeah." She mumbled, "but it's a lot of work, and right now I'm not in the right head space, or the best physical health either... Luke I haven't felt this way since I lived at home with my dad and brother... Luke there's so many people around me now that care for me but I don't have my priorities straight and it's not healthy... for either of us."

I'm praying to God she won't hate me after this. All I did was make her life harder, and that's something everyone knows, and now I just walk out of it and leave her like this?

"Luke I need a fresh start so I don't screw this massive opportunity over... I-" she said before her voice suddenly went weak.

I shook my head no quickly, "don't say it." I said, "baby girl please, please don't."

I'm such an ass whole, I came over here knowing I needed to break up with her and now I'm begging her not to leave me.

"I'm sorry Luke." She said, she took a deep breath to hold back the tears in her eyes but before she could carry on I spoke.

"We can make this... Everest please..." I said.

She shook her head no and pulled away from me, I got up off the sofa and slammed my hand against the wall,

"Are you fucking kidding me!?" I yelled at her, she was curled up on the sofa quietly and I felt the rage overtake me.

"Management called me and told me to break up with you, Everest my career depends on this and even I didn't want to let you go!" I yelled with my voice going coarse, "I I'm willing to lie for you Everest... I could lose everything but I'm willing to do that for you..."

She didn't say anything, she didn't even move. I felt tears overtaking my eyes.

"Everest your my world." I said, "your the reason I am where I am. I love you."

"I'm sorry Luke." Was all she said.

"The PR stunt lasts 5 months... If you love me you'll wait." I said, "and if not, I'm sorry. I know I was a crap boyfriend, but hey, at least I love you."

I had to leave, I walked towards the door, that's when she finally got up.

"Luke, I love you." She said, "but I can't hold either of us back because of that. You can't risk losing everything you've worked for like, and neither can I... we have to let go."

I looked at her with tears streaming from my face, she's right, but I can't bring myself to let her go.

"Please don't leave me like this." I whimpered.

She wiped her eyes dry, "you'll be okay." She said.

"Can I at least kiss you goodbye?" I asked.

She shook her head no, "if you do I'll never be able to let you go." She said, "goodbye Luke."

"I'm always going to love you." I said before taking a step backwards, "goodbye Everest."

She gave me no expression, all I saw were tears slip from her eyes, I turned around so she could no longer see the tears running down my face. I got to the door and opened it, not looking back once, I closed the door knowing that's the end of us.

The only other thing I could think of is how I hope she's happy, I hope she's able to live her life to the best, because I knew I haven't treated her right, and I hate myself for that.