Fifty seven

*the next day*

Everest

I pulled down the sleeves of my sweater to cover my hands, we were all ready to leave and I'd gotten changed into some clothes Liz brought me. I had legging son with an oversized sweater.

I was nervous beyond explainable. Liz went to go sign me out and Alaki had said goodbye to me this morning saying he'd come over in a few hours. It was just me and Luke left and neither of us was speaking much.

He seems like a gentle giant, him and everyone else are all so nice to me when they don't need to be, they go out of their way to help me.

I put all my old clothes in a duffle bag and zipped it up, Luke was packing up other things here and there. I picked up the bag and he instantly turned to me so I stopped and looked over at him.

"Don't worry, I've got it." He said picking it up from and softly brushing my hand in the process.

He was stood really close to me. He's really tall.

He gave me a small smile and I think I might have been staring at his eyes for a little too long. I'm probably red.

Gosh I want to hold his hand.

"Um-" Luke started and I snapped out of my thoughts... again... "is it- would it be- can I hold your hand?"

Did he just read my mind or? Who cares, I just nodded.

He brushed my fingers before stopping.

"Are you sure?" He asked, "don't hesitate to say no, I promise I'll listen to whatever you say."

I smiled at what he said, that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard. I just linked our fingers and gave him a slight nod, his facial expression instantly relaxed.

I picked up the other bag that was resting on the bed that Luke was going to pick up.

"I've got it." I said with a small smile.

I don't know what it is but I feel safe when I'm around him.

------------

I followed behind Luke and his mum as they walked to the front door of their house. Liz opened the door and I heard padding against the ground quickly, followed shortly after by a bark, a golden furred dog rushed past Liz and Luke towards me.

I gasped in sudden admiration for the adorable dog, I squatted down as the dog excitedly jumped around me and kicked my face.

"Hi," I laughed, settling her/him down.

"Calm down girl." Luke said, taking her collar gently when she didn't calm down.

I stood back up and followed everyone inside, Liz closed the door behind us and the dog was still happily barking away.

"She missed you." Luke said.

I went back to petting her, I eventually just sat down and she rested her head (well her upper body) in my lap, eventually calming down.

I checked her collar in it said 'butterscotch' that's such a cute name.

Eventually she stood up and so did I, feeling slightly dizzy but not too much, I walked to where I saw Luke go and butterscotch followed close behind me.

The house was really sweet, it brought back a sense of calmness and joy. I felt a sense of familiarity.

"Do you want me to show you around?" Luke asked,

I nodded while looking into his eyes. There's something about them. But I've also been wondering what that bruise is, but I'm scared to ask in case it's too personal.