Four

It was a few days later and I was at school, me and Luke had been doing pretty well with our project, we just had to finish of the presentation and practice for Monday and then we would be all good.

We have French together as well, but a lot of the 'populars' are in this class so I avoid talking at all costs.

It was the start of the lesson and we were all waiting around for our teacher. Luke walked in with a group of his friend and they all went to one side of the room, Luke on the other hand walked towards me.

"Hey," he said, pulling out the chair from beside me and sitting down.

"Hi." I mumbled.

"Do you wanna come sit with us?" He asked,

I looked towards his group of friends and saw two girls glaring in our direction, I'm sure it wasn't towards Luke, so I guess that means it's probably not a good idea to go sit there.

"Um- it's okay, but thanks for the offer." I said,

"It's honestly fine, you should come on." He encouraged, but I shook my head no.

He stood up but didn't walk away, "okay, I tried, but the offer is always open-"

"Hemmings! Sit down and stop speaking." Our teacher scolded and Luke sat straight back down in the chair next to me.

"Guess your stuck with me." He said, just load enough so I could here. He pulled out his books and also a pair of glasses... Luke wears glasses? Their so cute... I've never seen him wear them before.

We didn't talk much through the lesson, except when he asked for a pencil. We just kept our heads down and got our work done.

Our teacher came over to us while we were working and said, "Luke your actually getting work done, you should sit here more often so you don't distract people."

"See, I actually do try to work but it's not my fault if I'm yelled at every time I speak." He said, "like you yell at me for 'distracting Calum' if I ask him a question."

"Excuse me?" Our teacher said, "Luke go stand outside."

He exhaled and stood up, walking past her and out of the door. I actually feel bad for Luke, it's true, she yells at him almost every lesson. Most teachers have labelled him as the 'bad' kid but he actually tries with school. If I was taunted that much for doing nothing I'd want to speak up and defend myself, Luke just has the confidence to so he does.

After a few minutes he came back in the classroom and sat back down. His whole body language just seemed more angry and frustrated, but after a few minutes he calmed down and was back to normal, but he didn't speak again that lesson.

When we were dismissed the teacher passed Luke a detention slip on the way out. He took it and shoved it into his locked before leaving the classroom.

We had English next which basically meant we needed to go sign in and then we were free to leave and carry on with our project.

We didn't say a word on our way there but when we got in the classroom it was empty and our teacher wasn't there, so we needed to wait until we got signed in.

"What time is it?" Luke asked me,

"10:02" I said, "we have three minutes."

"Great." He said sitting down.

We were silent for a moment before I spoke up, "I'm um... I'm sorry,"

"For what?" He said looking confused,

"For you getting a detentions, I should have just gone and sat with you and it wouldn't have-"

"You had nothing to do with it, don't blame yourself for that babe, it's fine." He said,

He called me babe. Can we take a moment. I genuinely think my cheeks are going red. I looked down so he couldn't tell.

A few more people came in the room and we just sat there quietly.

"You know, you should get your cartilage pierced." He said,

"Oh gosh no." I said covering my ear, "I have a massive fear of those things."

"Of cartilages?" He said,

"Of piercings." I said,

"Why?" He smiled at me,

"They look amazing but the idea of a needle separating my skin freaks me out." I said,

"You probably don't want to go anywhere near tattoo parlours then, they literally pierce your skin with one needle and then when another needle injects ink into where the first needle pierced you." He said,

"Stop!" I said covering my ears, "that freaks me out."

Luke laughed at me and leaned back in his chair, "I went with Calum for one of his tattoos, it actually looked pretty cool." He said, "you know, I'm getting my lip pierced this weekend, you should come."

"And see your skin get separated by a needle?" I replied,

"So you can see how cool it is!" He said, but he sounded sarcastic when he said cool.

"I would love to be in the room to experience that horrifying event but unfortunately I have work." I said,

"Really? Where do you work?" He asked,

"At a coffee shop." I replied.

Our teacher finally walked in and registered us, I didn't realise a lot of people had walked into the room while me and Luke were having a conversation, I usually am always aware of things like that but I seemed to have gotten lost in Luke's words.

We left the classroom and made our way to the library.

"Well... I'll FaceTime you when your free and show you, or I'll Snapchat you when it's happening, do you have snapchat?" He asked,

"Yes, I'll give it to you the day after you get your lip pierced." I said, opening the door for the library.

He smiled at me and held the door open with his hand (which was above my head) and he used his other hand to gesture for me to go in first.