Aitvaras!Lithuania x Reader (part 1)

Aitvaras (Slavic): Household spirit that usually looks like a white or black rooster with a fiery tail. Changes into a dragon once it goes outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're just hanging out in your house, when you hear something scratching the floor. You brush it off, thinking it's just a cat. Then you remember you don't have a cat. You get up and follow the sound. You find a black chicken with a fiery tail in your kitchen.

"Okay, there's a random chicken that's on fire in my kitchen," you say to yourself.

"E-Excuse me, but I'm not a chicken," the bird stutters. "I'm a rooster." Did the chicken just talk?!

"Did you just talk?!"

"Yes. Hold on a second." The bird transforms into a man with long brown hair and blue eyes. He smiles shyly at you. "My name's Toris."

"...I'm (Name)." You're still trying to wrap your head around this. "What are you?"

"I'm an Aitvaras."

"What's that?"

"Well, I'm a household spirit. I warn you of danger coming and I can protect you."

"How?"

He starts to look shy. "Oh, how do I say this... Once I go outside, I become a dragon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made up the part about being able to transform into a human.

Next up's Latvia!