Golem!Israel x Reader (part 1)

Golem of Prague (Jewish): a man made of clay. It was made by a rabbi in 1580-something to be a protector of the people.

DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT JEWISH, I DON'T REALLY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE JEWISH BELIEFS, DON'T HOLD ME TO ANYTHING ABOUT THE JEWISH FAITH IN THIS STORY!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're currently sitting in your living room, reading your favorite book. It's a relatively peaceful evening and you decided it'd be a good time to catch up with your reading. You suddenly hear frantic knocking at the front door. You get up and answer the door to see a man with short brown hair and matching brown eyes looking afraid for his life.

"Please hide me," the man pleads.

"Huh?" You ask.

"Please, you have to hide me!"

"From who?"

"They're trying to destroy me. I haven't done anything wrong. Please, help me."

He sounds like he's telling the truth. His eyes and body language don't show that he's lying either. "Okay, come in."

You step aside and the man walks in, looking behind him as he does. You close the door and lead him towards your room, which is at the back of the house. Once you two are halfway down the hallway, there's another knock at the door. The man's breath hitches at the sound.

You push him into the nearest room, which was a closet, and tell him to be quiet, you're gonna answer the door. He nods as you close the closet door.

The doorbell rings.

"Coming!" You call as you go to answer the front door. You open it to see two suited men.

The tall man with black hair and dark eyes speaks first. "Ma'am, have you seen a man that looks like this tonight?" He takes out his phone and shows you a picture of the man in your closet.

"No, I don't think so," you answer, acting as clueless as possible. "Why?"

The other man, a head shorter than his colleague, with blonde hair and grey eyes speaks next. "He's a suspect in a murder case. If you see him, please call us." He tells you their number and they leave without another word.

You shut your front door. You know they're lying. You're really good at knowing when someone's lying to you or not.

You go back to the closet and let the man out.

"Thank you," he tells you.

"Why are they chasing you?"

"It's kind of a long story."

"I don't have anywhere to be today. C'mon, let's go to the living room."

You lead him to the living room and tell him to take a seat. He sits on the couch while you sit in your armchair, facing him.

"I'm not a human, I'm what's called a golem. A few weeks ago, those men who're looking for me made me out of clay and brought me to life. They said they made me far more efficient than the original golem. Earlier today, a man wandered into the basement where they kept me and he saw me. They killed that man. I didn't want to be there anymore, so I escaped. I'm a lot stronger than I look, so it wasn't all that hard. They were chasing after me, so I needed a place to hide. I saw this house had a light on and thought it was as good a place as any, so here were are now."

You know he's telling the truth because he's looking you square in the eyes as he's talking. If he's only a few weeks old and was locked in a basement for that whole time, he probably doesn't even know how to lie. "They said you're a suspect for a murder case."

"They must mean the man they killed. I promise on my life that I haven't done anything wrong."

"Did they give you a name?"

"Yes, Daniel."

"I'm (Name). Daniel, you can't go out any time soon because they might come back or still be in the neighborhood. You can stay here until this all blows over."

His eyes go wide with disbelief. "R-really?"

You nod.

"Th-thank you. I promise I won't be any trouble. Since I'm not human, I don't need to eat so you don't need to buy me food or anything or-"

"Whoa, whoa, slow down, Daniel. You don't need to sell me on why you should stay here. But first things first, we need to get you some new clothes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next, and finally: Macau!