Bonus! Promshot: Canada x Reader

So obviously Canada was the winner. Second place was Romano.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's the day before prom and since you're in the junior class, your class has to decorate for prom. It would be really boring if the class Vice President, Tanner, didn't make a Spotify playlist for today. That playlist has all kinds of music and it's nine and a half hours long. You know because you partially contributed to what was on it.

Once everybody in your class gets there, everyone's delegated to do different stuff. You're in the group that's hanging stuff from the ceiling and walls.

You're currently on a ladder hanging stuff up on the wall. Somebody bumps into the ladder and it starts wobbling. You try to regain your balance so you don't fall off, but to no avail. You start falling, only to be caught by someone. You look at the person's face to see it's Matthew.

You start blushing. You've had a crush on Matthew for a while now.

"Are you okay?" He asks you.

"Y-Yeah," you answer. "Thanks Matthew."

"Nice catch, bro!" Calls his brother Alfred from across the room as he holds up a thumbs up.

Matthew starts blushing and puts you down. "S-Sorry."

"It's okay."

He quickly goes back over to his station of putting together decorations and you go back to what you were doing.

As he goes back to his station, Alfred (who's also at that station) sees the blush on his brother's face and looks over at you, then back to him.

"Oooooh~," says the blue-eyed brother. "You like her, don't you?"

"N-No!" Denies Matthew.

He starts laughing. "Oh my god, you totally do! You gotta go tell her, man!"

"I-I can't do that!"

"Why not? Oh, better yet, ask her to prom!"

"I definitely can't do that!"

"Dude, prom's tomorrow and you're going by yourself. I'm pretty sure she's going by herself too."

"But what if she says no?!"

"What if she says yes? You won't know unless you try! If you don't ask her, I will."

"Fine, I'll do it!"

Alfred smiles at his brother. "Atta boy!" He then slaps the back of his brother's shoulder blade in a reassuring manner. "Go get 'er, tiger!"

Matthew walks up to you. "Uh, (N-Name?)"

You look over your shoulder and smile at him. "Oh, hey Matthew."

"Uh, I, uh, w-wanted to ask y-you..."

You turn around to face him.

He closes his eyes and takes in a deep breath. "Willyougotopromwithme?"

Your heart skips a beat. Then you smile. "I'd love to."

He opens his eyes and looks at you in surprise. "Really?"

"Yeah."

--------------at prom------------------

You and Matthew arrive at the venue for prom. You're wearing a beautiful (favorite color) dress and Matthew's wearing a tuxedo with a tie that matches your dress. After pictures and everything gets done the actual dance starts.

Jump On It by Sir Mix-a-Lot comes on and you go out to the dance floor. You and most of the girls start doing the dance, along with about three guys, one of which was Alfred. You see Alfred look over at Matthew, who was watching everyone dancing from his seat, and motions for his brother to join everyone. You look over at Matthew, who looks surprised and shakes his head no. You join Alfred in motioning Matthew to the dance floor. He mouths something at the two of you, but you can't make out what it was from the darkness and distance. You go over to him.

"I can't dance," he tells you.

"It's easy," you respond. "All you gotta do is follow what everybody else is doing. C'mon." You grab his wrist and drag him out to the dance floor. "Just follow me." You start doing the dance and Matthew starts imitating what you're doing. He picks it up really fast. He even starts having fun with it. "See? You're a natural!"

"Whoo, go Matty!" Says Alfred.

Directly after Jump On It ends, Wobble by V.I.C. comes on and you join the group doing the dance. You find it funny when the guys do the Wobble and Alfred doing it's no exception.

After a little while you take a break once the song finishes because you've been dancing for five songs straight and you need to rest for a little bit. You go back to the table you and Matthew were sitting at and grab the water bottle Matthew had gotten you at the beginning of the night.

"You're a really good dancer," says Matthew, who decided to sit the last few songs out.

"Thanks," you say as you take a drink from your water. "You catch on fast."

"Thanks."

A few songs later, Cotton Eye Joe by Rednex comes on and you and Alfred make Matthew come and dance to this one. The two of you drag him to the dance floor and lock him into the dance. He quickly catches on to the dance and seems to start having fun with it. Once that song's over, a slow song starts playing. All of Me by John Legend, to be exact.

"W-Would you like to dance?" Matthew asks you, a blush dusting his face.

"Sure," you answer with a smile.

The two of you start slow dancing together with a space between you. You can feel his heart beating out of his chest. Matthew looks over at Alfred, who gives him a reassuring smile and a thumbs up.

Matthew takes in a breath and puts his forehead against yours and closes his eyes. "I really like you, (Name)."

Your heart soars, but you manage to contain it. You close your eyes also. "Same."

"R-Really?!"

"Yes, Matthew."

"...C-Can we dance a little closer?"

"I'd like that." You pull each other closer and dance in each other's arms. It was the best night ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So you can decide who Alfred went to prom with. Just please no ship wars in the comments.

yeah, most of the boys at my school are weenies and pretty much just sat there all night. Mostly the senior boys. They just sat there in the corner. But the night was pretty fun.

You know those people who're so dense they don't even realize they're in love someone? Yeah, that was my date for prom and I'm fairly certain he loves me. But yeah, my friend's ship set sail on its maiden voyage because of that (she ships the two of us) and it was kinda nice, so whatever.