Ghillie Dhu!Scotland x Reader (part 3)

I'm so sorry for being gone so long! School's been a killer and I haven't had a lot of free time to write. But since we're on a break for school I'll try to write more!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------many years after you first met Alistair----------

You still remember the man in the woods that helped you after your parents were murdered. The next morning he lead you to the edge of town and said you should find someone your parents trust. You think of your parents' best adult friends, also a married couple. They treated you like family and you knew they'd help you. You go to their house and tell them what happened. One called the authorities while the other tried to calm you down because you started crying again at remembering what happened.

You were questioned by the police and you told them the whole story. They didn't believe you about Alistair, but you didn't know that because they were really good at faking it. But, they ruled you out as a suspect because you didn't have a motive and you were too young to know about lying yet.

From then on, you were raised by your parents' best adult friends. They acted as you parents and you loved them.

You drew and talked about Alistair often and your parents' friends just thought he was your imaginary friend. You went to visit Alistair a lot too.

A lot of people make fun of you now. They mean, c'mon. You're almost an adult now and you still believe in fairies. But you don't care what anyone says. They can make fun all they want, that doesn't negate what you know to be true.

It's been a long while since you've visited Alistair. So long that you've almost forgotten what he looks like. But tonight, you want to take a walk in the forest. The forest that's given you so many memories.

You particularly love this one certain part of the forest. There's this big mossy rock there and something about it soothes you. You decide to visit the big missy rock.

Once you arrive at the clearing where said rock is located, you sit down on the grass next to it and lean your back against it. The rock feels cool. You close your eyes and take in the sounds of the forest. The birds, the squirrels, everything.

"(Name)?"

You jump at the sudden voice and open your eyes. You see someone who looks very familiar. He's covered in moss and standing between two trees.

"Is that you, (Name)?" He asks. You then look into his eyes and it all comes back to you.

"Alistair?" You ask back.

Alistair starts walking up to you.

"(Name), it's been so long." He smiles at you and runs up to you, pulling you into a hug. "How have you been?!"

"I'm fine," you respond with a smile as you hug him back. "How about you?"

"I'm doing alright." He releases the hug but keeps his hands on your shoulders to look at your face. "Wow, I must say, you've grown a lot." He starts to blush a little. "You're really pretty now."

You giggle a little bit. "Thanks. And I must say, you look more handsome than I remember."

He chuckles as he takes his hands off your shoulders. "So what brings you here to my neck of the forest?"

"Oh, I just wanted to get away from town. Take a walk through the woods."

"I see. May I accompany you?"

You smile wider. "I'd like that."

So the two of you start walking, talking about whatever comes to mind. Alistair asks a lot of what you've done in the time since you last saw him. You talk about school and work and all that jazz.

"What about you, Alistair?" You finally ask. "What've you done over the past years?"

"Oh, nothing much. Mostly just keeping myself busy."

Then you look around and see that you two are approaching a stream. Alistair walks up to the edge of the stream and crouches down to get a drink. You crouch down too to look into the water. The water's really clear and looks only a few feet deep.

"You wanna sit here for a little bit?" Alistair asks.

"Sure," you answer as you sit down.

He sits down next to you. "You know, I missed you a lot."

"I missed you too, Alistair. You know, a lot of people tried to convince me that you weren't real."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Almost everybody in town anymore tried to tell me that I just made you up. But I never let them convince me."

He smiles at you. "I'm glad. A lot of kids I've met forget about me. So it makes me happy that you remembered me."

"Of course."

"And it doesn't make it worse that you're really attractive now, either."

You laugh. "Shut up!" You say as you push Alistair jokingly, but he falls into the stream. Once you hear the splash, you jump. You didn't mean to push him into the stream. You see him pop his head out of the water.

"Oh my god, are you okay?!" You ask him with worry in your voice as you lean over the stream to him.

Alistair grabs your arm and pulls you into the water with him. The water's cold and it's a shock to you. You feel Alistair pull your body against his and him wrap his arms around you.

Alistair stands and pulls you to stand with him. Once your head's above water, you take in a breath. You're soaking wet right now. So is Alistair.

"I'm sorry," Alistair tells you. "I just wanted an excuse to hold you." He holds you tighter to him. "You're just too cute now, (Name)."

You're really cold and you start to shiver.

Alistair notices this and is suddenly concerned. "Let's get you inside. C'mon, we can go to my home and we can get you out of those clothes and warmed up."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This might bring forth another part. It might be fluff, it might be a lemon. Let's just see what happens. I promise nothing as of yet.

Anywho, for those of you who celebrate it and are reading this on the day it was posted, happy Thanksgiving!