Lupo Mannaro!Romano x Reader (part 2)

You stare wide-eyed and in fear of what used to be the guy you were spending all this time talking with. The werewolf growls at you, looking very angry. It starts slowly stalking towards you. You back away, afraid of the hostile look in its eye. You keep backing up until your back hits the wall of the barn.

-------------Lovino's POV----------------

I hate when this happens. I don't have any control over my own body when I become a wolf. Dammit! Why did it have to happen today, after I've met (Name)?! She pretty much the first person who I don't completely hate!

"L-Lovino," (Name) says to me. "I-It's me, (Name), remember?"

Yes! I remember!

"Remember how we were talking earlier? How we were getting to know each other?"

She looks so afraid. I have to try harder than I ever have before. I don't want to hurt (Name)! I have to fight the wolf for control! I put everything I have into gaining control. It slowly starts working. My body stops growling at her. I'm doing it!

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?! That's the first time the wolf's actually talked back to me.

Fighting! I hate you, dammit! I wish I never got you in the first place!

My body starts writhing from the conflict between the wolf and myself.

I HAVE BEEN IN CONTROL FOR TOO LONG TO LET YOU TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME!

Then fight me, dammit! I won't let you control me anymore!

-----------your POV--------------

The werewolf is writhing around on the ground, holding its head as if its head's splitting.

You notice things getting brighter. The sun's coming up! Now's your chance to get Lovino back!

You run over to the barn doors and open them up, letting the rays of sunlight hit the creature.

It lets out a cry, then starts to transform back into the man you met earlier.

Lovino's laying on his side, panting.

"Lovino!" You exclaim as you run to his side, then drop down to your knees to check on him. "Are you okay?"

"I'm-a fine-a," he tells you, slightly chuckling and still panting. "That-a wasn't-a...too bad-a."

"What happened?"

"I-a fought-a back.... Against-a the wolf-a... That's-a the first-a...time I've-a actually...gotten-a some-a control...as-a a werewolf-a."

He's just barely able to sit up. The toll that whole battle took on him was vast.

"We-a should-a be going-a back-a to town-a." He tries to stand up, but falters.

"Here, let me help," you tell him as you reach out to him. He lets you, but reluctantly.

You help him up and put his arm around your shoulders and your arm around his waist for support, then stand him up. You two start slowly walking back towards town.

"So, you don't have control of your body when you're a werewolf?"

"That's-a about-a it-a. The wolf-a has-a control-a when-a it-a happens-a.

You look at his face. He has a troubled expression on his face as he's looking at the ground in front of you two.

"(Name), I-a don't-a want-a to be a werewolf-a anymore-a."

You look back forward to see where you guys are going. "If it's as bad as you said, I wouldn't wanna be a werewolf either. But I'll help you."

"Huh?"

"I'll help you find a cure, Lovino."

He turns his head to look at you with wide eyes. "You-a will-a?"

You turn your face towards him and smile with your eyes closed. "I promise."