Amarok!Canada x Reader (part 3)

This isn't good, Anuniaq thinks to himself as he runs deeper into the forest. This isn't good at all. She saw me transform.

At one point, he decides to stop running.

What do I do now? I can't tell the pack about this! They'd kill her! But what if she tries to come here to try and find me? I could come to her and tell her to keep my existence a secret.

He comes to the conclusion that that's the best course of action. He goes back to where he ran from and you're still at the windowsill he left you at, as you're trying to process what you just saw and he was only gone for a few minutes.

You spot him at the edge of the forest. He starts walking towards you. Shit, shit, shit, what do you do? What does he want?

Now he's running, oh good lord he's covering a lot of ground. What if he can smell fear? Oh lordie Jesus, he's gonna kill you.

He stops outside your window, as you're on the ground floor, where he's far enough to away that he can't reach for you without taking a few steps forward.

"I do not wish to hurt you," he tells you outright.

"What do you want?" You ask him, trying to mask your fear.

"Are you the human I let go?" He asks you.

"Yeah."

"And you saw me transform, correct?"

"Yeah."

"Please do not tell anyone about what you saw."

"Why?"

"Because they will come after us and kill us all. There is a reason we only come out at night."

"But why did you let me go?"

"Because you are not a hunter. You do not smell of death, like hunters do. We eat hunters foolish enough to hunt alone at night, none else."

"We? There's more of you?"

"Yes. Please, I beg of you, do not tell anyone of what you saw."

"Okay, I won't. I promise." You really don't wanna see what'll happen if you break this promise.

He smiles. "Thank you. I am Anuniaq. What is your name?"

"(Name)."

"It is nice to meet you, (Name)."

"Same to you, but I feel like I'll just continually butcher your name every time I try it."

"Then what will you call me?"

You study him for a moment. "I think the name Matthew suits you. I'm gonna call you Matthew."

"Matthew..." he smiles, "I like it." He sniffs the air a few times.

"What is it? Is little Timmy stuck in the well?!"

He gives you a confused look. "Who is Timmy?"

"Nevermind, just what is it?"

He takes steps closer until he's one step from the window and leans towards you, sniffing the air.

He stands straight and smiles at you. "You smell like flowers and are adorable and I love you."

You start blushing. "Huh?!"

"You smell like the flowers in the forest and you are very cute and you make me happy. I am happy that I can interact with a human like this and I love you."

"We just met!"

"I do not care. I would like to see you again, (Name). May I come back tomorrow?"

You think about it. He's a wolf during the night, which are similar to dogs, so they might be like dogs too. You remember seeing an article about how dogs love humans too and think we're cute, so that might be what's going on with him. Also, you don't wanna upset him because he might come by and eat you.

"Sure."

He smiles wider. "Thank you, (Name). See you tomorrow!" With that, he races towards the forest.