Anubis!Egypt x Reader (part 1)

Anubis (Egyptian): the God of mummification and death

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're in Egypt with your class for an excavation of the pyramids. You're currently on your way to the dig site.

As you're walking down the street towards where you're supposed to be, a hand covers your mouth as someone pulls you into the building you were walking past. You try to struggle against them, but one hits you over the head and you go unconscious.

When you wake up, you're tied to a pole in a big mostly empty room. You try to struggle against the ropes, but you don't budge. You notice you're wearing ancient Egyptian clothing. You think you've seen something like this in pictures of Cleopatra. You look up and see that you're facing a golden statue. You recognize the statue as Anubis.

A man enters the room. He's also wearing ancient Egyptian clothing and is wearing heavy face paint. Many people in similar clothing follow him in, crowding the large room. The man in heavy face paint stands between you and the statue.

He faces the statue and raises his arms. "Almighty Anubis! Please accept our offering of this woman to your holy presence! May this offering please you so that you may leave the human race in peace for the next hundred years!"

The man turns to you and pulls a knife with a long blade from his robe. Your eyes go wide as you struggle even more.

"Do not fret," he tells you as he walks towards you. "You will make an excellent sacrifice to the almighty Anubis." He presses the blade against your neck, putting pressure against your flesh.

The statue starts glowing. A bright flash of light blinds you temporarily. Once you open your eyes again, you can't believe it. Anubis had appeared before everyone.

The one who was about to slit your throat immediately drops to his knees and bows before the god. The others in the room follow suit.

"You must stop this at once," the God tells the cult.

The man with the knife looks up, confused. "B-but Anubis, we make this offering specially for you."

"You all need to stop. I will not accept a human sacrifice. Release this woman. Now."

The followers all hastily cut you free.

"Woman, come to me," he says as he holds out his hand to you.

You approach the god, still staring in wonder. You take his hand.

He looks into your eyes. "What is your name?"

"(Name)," you answer him.

Anubis turns to the cult. "You shall never touch this woman again."

"Yes, my lord!" Says the man with the knife. "We would never try to anger you."

There's a flash of light and you both are suddenly in another room. The room looks like a palace and you both are sitting on a big pile of pillows.

"Where are we?" You ask Anubis.

"I figured you would like this place," he answers. "You seem intimidated by me. I can change my appearance to make you more comfortable."

Before you can respond, his head changes to a human's with brown hair and green eyes. "Am I less intimidating like this?"

"Uh, yeah, I guess."

"Good, because I have decided to make you my queen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note: this was the first time the cult tried a human sacrifice. Before this, they only did animal sacrifices. They were going to kill you and mummify you.

Next up: Romania!