Chapter 18 - Chaos and Stubbornness

Hi, new readers. It's a pleasure to meet up. Hope my story is still up to your standard. Enjoy! Unedited - I know as of 2020 that since chapter 16, it took an ugly turn!

Minor edits on the chapter on May 19,2021. Additional edit made on April 6, 2022.

***

Sasuke in his hospital bed

Waking at the hospital is not the most pleasant sight to have. Especially, when you are used to be treated in the headquarter than in the Konoha's hospital, also, having your supposedly "dead" family near you is not something you see every day. Sasuke made a small grunt alerting the rest of the occupants in the hospital room lifted their heads toward him.

"Oh, Sochi. How are you feeling? Do you need something? Can someone alert Tsunade?" Mikoto asked worriedly first to Sasuke, then second to any members of the family to move their ass.

"I'll go," Fugaku declared.

Either he's uncomfortable seeing this, or he was acting like a real loving father. And for Amaterasu fuck sake, his mother was stupid, 'I just woke up, dehydrated of my throat and about my feelings well let me settle down and processed why are they are all here and then, I might answer you the famous "I'm fine"', thought internally Sasuke trying not to banged his head. Thanks, Tsunade came back and started checking the monitors around him and vitals. She gave him a small cup of water which she helped him to drink by holding the cup for him.

"Your chakra seemed to be back to normal; your wounds still needed to be treated and watch for the next two weeks. No straining exercises and you will be able to discharge tomorrow morning if the final test which is tonight work. I'll let you with your family if you had any questions, please used the button on Sasuke to alert a nurse."

"Wait what about the others?" Sasuke inquired in a raspy voice.

"Oh, Kiba and Neji woke up two days ago after weeks of in and out, barely being awake. It didn't take long and are currently discharged. For Choji, Shino, Akamaru, Lee, and Shikamaru; it was report that they had minors cuts and left three weeks ago from the hospital. And the girls are resting since they help me to heal you guys and take care of them"

"So it's been three weeks," Sasuke stated emotionless.

"Yes."

"What about Naruto?"

"Naruto...," she took a deep breath and exhaled before informing Sasuke. "Naruto's condition has not worsened but didn't improve as in his cognitive activities. His chakra is still low. The good news is he is not moving; his wounds have time to heal properly. He hasn't wake up yet."

Sasuke sighed and closed his eyes while Tsunade left. He didn't want to face Fugaku-San, who would act more as an investigator than a father if he questioned him. He knew what they would give them a hedge for a few weeks. He was glad the rest excepted Naruto was out of the woods. It was the risks as shinobis, but it's always a relief as a superior rank that you haven't failed your men (in this case) and your women. It was absolutely normal for Naruto to be still sleeping. After all, he was the one who always took the reckless moves to either protect or give him an edge in war.

After being discharged, Itachi, Shishui, and Obito took care of their youngest member of the Clan. He was brought back to his room, and even they had modified inside the house to accommodate him. After placing Sasuke in his bed comfortably, so he doesn't injure himself more, the others sat near him with a small cushion under their butts.

"Nii~san, would you tell me what happens in the village since we came back?"

"Yeah, sure do you mind if Obito and Shishui stay?"