Chapter 13 - Opening to a war

⚠️ ⚠️ ⛔️ ⛔️ MAJOR WARNING ! This chapter was first publish on 2016-2017. Such a long time that I don't even remember. I will try to fix some minors stuff. At some point, there is contradictory to the anime and Manga and I was super young when I attempt to write a story "fanfiction"⚠️ ⚠️ ⛔️ ⛔️ 

*****

Hello, thanks for reading and Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! (Based on the first time it got publish - Comment from the author on April, 6. 2022)

***

As everyone took cover from the explosion and three shinobis jumped in front of Kage, they all went into a fighting stance. All the Senseis stood around the area, ready to strike, trying to spot the enemy. The dust finally dissipated, leaving the high Kage, Shinobis, and Senseis dumbfounded. Those who came to watch most villagers and some people from the clan were unconscious. A quick scan revealed the crowd to be only asleep.

Itachi was one of the guards assigned in the Kage box. The first thing he did was a headcount which led to finding out that two Kages had disappeared. A massive explosion made everyone stand up and run to the sound. Outside, a huge fight was already going on. They froze as they saw the Genins taking care or more jumping into the fight despite the risk because of their inexperience. Immediately, Itachi ran to his brother to help him. He was against one of the Kage from the Sound village Hakïō.

Minato snapped and immediately ordered around the Shinobi.

"I want five formations of three to find any injure civilian and secure from the farthest to here the village. Senseis, find your genin and help them. I want several Jonins to the security of the stadium and relocate everyone and please wake up the clan first."

Minato turned to look at his wife, and he mouthed out at her. "Find the twins." At that exact moment, a scream makes Minato and Kushina twirl toward the sound. 

"DAD!"

Kushina dropped on her knees and opened her arms wide. She hugged her twins protectively. The fidget was still going on as she remembered and stood while still having a protective hands on each of the twins shoulders.

"I suggest that we could have a few civilian and anyone injure in our house. We have many wings and with the possibility to have a roof over a few heads could help."

"And with the protection around the house and with the twins you cold easily either contact me and protect these people."

Kushina nodded before ushered her twins to help. As everyone went to help people, Minato tried to find his son Naruto. It was hard since he had clones of himself everyone fighting and evacuating everyone. He stood there helpless as he could just watch the scene. He didn't find anyone who needed help; he had so well spread out his shinobis that interfering in a fight was riskier for himself and his ninjas.

"FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! IN THE INTERROGATION BUILDING!" a shinobi screamed running toward the Fourth Hokage.

In a fraction of a second, Minato didn't waste any time; he remembered to have brought their ally Orochimaru into the interrogation room. He tried to locate it with his chakra, but he felt no connection. Worry that he might have already died and he had failed, another shinobi ran through his mind. Something shiny caught him in the corner of his eye, making Minato change direction. He found Orochimaru out, waiting for him against a wall waiting for him.

"Announce to the village my arrival here; the Akatsuki's already found out my treason. I can not longer be undercover. "

"What do you know about what's going on?"

A low, long and hissing rasp came out of Orochimaru mouth before he speaks again:

"Someone framed me; I don't know who but whoever it was cover his tracks very well. The Sound Village are spread out here and are either getting killed or are already. This was for them a suicide mission. I think, we have other troubles, but I don't know. We should go help them."

Minato nodded even if he was still thinking about what had he said.

"Father, I finally found you and... OROCHIMARU?" Arashi firmly said as he approached them out of breath. He stood in front of his father to protect him from the threat.

"He's an ally, son! Don't worry! I'll explain everything about Orochimaru role when the battle will be finish." Minato said firmly placing himself in front of Orochimaru and pushing his son not hard.

"That's why I tried to find you. It's already finished; some are already working on cleaning up the mess. We gather every civilian and Naruto is about to do a speech but not before you said your words."

"We are coming."

The trio of shinobis walked back to the center of the village where everyone was waiting for them. They passed through a disaster; their village was falling apart, debris was everywhere. They joined the crowd already gather and surrounded by shinobis. Minato saw his son Naruto standing on a small platform waiting for silence.

"Before I say anything, my father; the Fourth Hokage will say a few words."

Naruto stepped back and enlarged the platform letting Minato followed behind by Orochimaru and Arashi stepped on the large platform. Many gasps as they saw Orochimaru so near them but they trust their Hokage.

"Orochimaru was infiltrating an organization on behalf of this village Konoha and me I would like everyone to welcome him with open arms because he came back affected to the Konoha division. Now, because of this battle, I'll be speaking to my shinobis and Head Clan and will come up with solutions, My top priority is to put you in a safe place. We had already suffered enough of three wars and if we could avoid another war..."

He took a brief pause letting everything sink in his civilians.

"My wife Kushina will coordinate everything and will make sure every information to be giving to you as soon as possible. But first, please take the night to rest and tomorrow we will do the Chūnins graduation and to let go a few of our guests. If you have any question, please ask any Anbu who will be patrolling throughout the night."

He left the civilians and went to his office followed by his wife, the Head Clans and few members of their respective Clans and the Senseis. Immediately in his office, he engaged the debate on which Genins had prove enough to graduate as Chunnins.

***

In the meantime, Naruto didn't waste any more time than he already had. He asked for reports of the injured people, dead people, and the cost of the damage caused during the fight. He learned that two Kages died, The Sibling Sand's father and the Sound Village Kage. Only a few Shinobis were hurt, but it was minor injuries. They find a list of the people classified in the Sound Village. All dead, a nation had died. They collected their data while the clones were doing all the work. They went to see the sibling trio who was taking care of the little Juri. They ate and made a small tale before those who are in a Head Clan family had to leave to join their family.

The next day, after the ceremony of graduation for Chūnnins, the group stood in front of the gate of the Konoha Village to say goodbye to the Sand sibling trio. Gaara spoke a minute with Naruto and reassured him to stay in contact with him. Gaara said goodbye and said he would correspond with him in other to get the information necessary.

***

Thanks for reading! Please remember this is a fanfiction, therefore I create a lot of new characters, and the name may not be the same as manga or anime reflect. Next chapter, a glimpse in Gaara's mind! Don't forget to Vote and Review. Happy New Year!