Chapter 9 - An old friend

Hey, people; it's been a while! Hope you enjoy it! Don't forget to Vote & Review. 

UNEDITED

Feb. 2021 : Correct two sentences and a few verbs issues in 2 paragraphes

***

A lot happens; after the events in the Uchiha Compound on Sasuke's birthday, an investigation was ordered by the Hokage. The investigation was conducted by Jonins who were looking and searching in and out of the Uchiha Compound. Therefore the survivors of this massacre had to go somewhere else while the investigation. The Hokage suggested they take one of the wings in their home so they could adjust and wait for things to calm down.

Since then, the Hokage was on high alert and had to reinforce all the security. He put restrictions to assure the "safety" of the population. Naruto couldn't understand how a curfew could help because the massacre was one against a clan and two it happens in people's houses, not in the freaking streets of the village! Meaning, this was going to be a major problem for the rookies. They couldn't meet up as often as they wanted and they had to be very careful and used their head to see how to relay the information and their decision.

And to be worse the exams to become Chunnins were soon to begin. These exams were held each year in a different village to rotate. This year, Konoha will host it, and this Chunnins exam could be taken by anyone accord the five-nation. How worse could that be, right? Well, unknown visitors could be possible threats and more people to protect and watch out. They could only keep training with their Sensei and just act really clueless to what's going on.

Team seven were "training" with Kakashi. In fact, Naruto had created a strong illusion to look like they were training for anyone looking at it. They were in the shades, in the circle. Naruto was leading them as usual.

"We know Gaara is coming back soon, I need everyone's approval on the following proposition which is to make him and his siblings remember. I know we had talked about him and Kabuto in the previous meetings but just to reconfirm everything. Sakura, you said you would meet the girls for a "girl night" is that correct?"

"Yes, Naruto, from that the girls would quickly spread the news to their team and Hinata will talk to Neji."

"I'm the pigeon. Therefore everything will be related to me and transmitted to you," Sasuke added on.

"Good. As dark as I look, I can't feel very attached here so," Naruto muttered.

Kakashi, Sakura, and Sasuke could only nod, they had been granted an alternative vision of their reality but Naruto wasn't satisfied and to play the "hero" for some arrogant people, it was darkening Naruto's mood. Naruto gave a clap and looked at Kakashi:

"And you will make sure to know everything about the security. I can't ask, it will be suspicious especially if my father hasn't asked for you Sensei if the Genins Team were ready even thought we made a quite good impression of our abilities, I must say."

The others blinked; sometimes Naruto could be quite confusing when he talked. Sakura's eyes went wide.

"Wait...you're talking like you know that Kakashi knows something."

"Of course! Did you think I was dumb enough? I mean; I already knew that Kakashi was also different and as different I mean from our old time."

Sakura could only gasp while Sasuke just smirked. Kakashi was in his own bubble reading about some pervert book.

"Now that's settled. We better started; I'll go see where I can attract them to make them all three remember if the Youth Council accept."

The Youth Council was the name given to the rookie of their generation; later on in their old time, universe or world; your choice of reference; they become the Elders Rock Council. Don't ask about the Rock because only Naruto had that kind of crazy ideas. Other than that; Naruto as the Hokage of his old world; had created a Youth Council composed of Rookies; a Juvenile Council consisting of Jonins and Chunnins; a Senior Council comprised of the population senior and retired ninjas. Naruto really wants to make sure the community won't feel in; he had created a way that people voted by they could represent the population.

***

Over the next few days, everything went according to the plan. Sakura was able to give the information to the who relay it to their team and Neji for Hinata.

Everyone had accepted officially the way Naruto will deal with Kabuto and Gaara and his siblings. Kakashi let Team seven soon know that he and several other Sensei subscribe them to the Chunnins Exams. Kakashi was able to give information on the security, the Uchiha Clan and other Jonins will be part of the security during the exam and for the Hokage coming to watch including the Fourth Hokage Minato.

In the afternoon, Sakura and Sasuke were guarding the area waiting for Gaara and his siblings to come. Meanwhile, Naruto was hiding in between the leaves. They soon sound them approaching.

"Get the kids out of there," Naruto said.

Speaking of kids, were Konohamaru and some random kids who were playing. Sakura quickly took care of it by shooing them out of the area.

Now alone without other people to disturb. Sasuke nodded discreetly before he and Sakura turned around facing the village making no one would interrupt it. They were mandatory to guard and at the same time stay alert.

Naruto jumped and landed on the ground without making noise and quickly let his chakra do the job. His chakra burst from everywhere. It circled the three making them fall asleep. His chakra lay them down. Naruto approached first Temari, he crouched above her and laid his hands on each temple. He had already eyes closed and was in deep concentration to make them remember their memories, or more make the other Temari, the one from his universe come and take place. He straightened up, back up before crouched down above Kankurō. He did the same thing to Kankurō and Gaara. He backed up and let the chakra slowly dissipate.

Sakura and Sasuke turned around and stood next to each of Naruto's sides. The trio waited for the siblings to wake up silently. A few more minutes and a groan came out.

"What the hell!" Kankurō groaned out.

Sasuke gave a hand to Kankurō; Sakura was helping Temari to get up leaving Naruto to help his old friend Gaara to get up.

"Welcome back, my friends!"

***
Thanks for reading! Please, leave a small review to let me know if it's good enough to continue this story. ☺️