I hopped down from the bed and walked over to him. Either he didn't notice my movement or chose to ignore it as I reached his side and lightly traced my fingers over the bandage. He immediately clenched his jaw tight as he turned to face me; his eyes lightly glistening with pain.

"What happened?" I whispered, shocked that I hadn't noticed anything.

He turned away from me, grabbed the swim suit that was in his hands and fled to the closet to put it on. I stood there with my mouth a gap, stunned. It was less than a minute before the closet door opened again and he walked out with nothing but the trunks on.

"Tom?" I whispered, sounding desperate, as the edge of the bandage stuck out from the trunks. "Please...?" I asked after a moment.

He sighed, running a hand through his messy hair before meeting my gaze for a second before he pulled down the side of his trunks revealing the small patch of gauze that was on his hip bone. Wincing slightly, he carefully removed the gauze.

I had to walk closer to make sure that my eye sight was working fine.  I bent down, touching the ink with feather light touches as he drew in a quick breath. My eyes filled with tears as I stared at the tattoo of a koala bear holding a lily flower in its paw.

"When did you-why did you...?" I spluttered, my voice trailed off in awe as I stood back up and he carefully covered up the tattoo with the bandage, his jaw clenched tight throughout the process.

"After Wonderland, I felt like I needed to" He answered making sure that the patch was secure.

Without a second thought I wrapped my arms around his torso and pressed my face up against his chest. "That is the sweetest thing..." I told him slightly tightening my hold when I felt his arms wound around me and his cheek press up against my hair.

"Daddy catch me!" Lily cried as she jumped from the side of the pool next to me into the waiting arms of Tom. She giggled as Tom lifted her high out of the water. I smiled at the scene and splashed her lightly with my feet, that were dipped into the water as I sat on the edge of the pool.

She squealed at me and started kicking her feet wildly as Tom set her back into the water. She dipped her head under the water and started swimming circles around Tom; literally. Lily was an excellent swimmer, even though she just learned the past summer. Tom kept watching her as she twirled around him.

Suddenly she puffed her cheeks out and squirted water into Tom's face. He gaped at her and dragged her under the water with him. I gazed skeptically at the both of them as they swam under the water to where I was peacefully sitting. My hands flashed to my face a second too late as I was sprayed with water from the two of them.

"Ugh!" I shouted as the two of them laughed and high fived each other.

"Mummy, come swimming with us!" Lily commanded swimming towards the center of the pool on her back.

"I'm in my clothes baby" I told her swishing my feet back and forth creating small ripples to extend from me before they crashed against Tom's chest and spun out randomly. His hands grabbed my feet as he grinned up at me. "So?" He questioned.

My eyes hardened as the grin contained with mischief caused his eyes to sparkle up at me; and for a moment, I realized that we were having fun, the three of us as a family. Too bad that in the moment it took me to realize this, had Tom dragged me into the water in my jeans and sweat shirt.

I spluttered as I gasped for air from resurfacing. Tom looked at me sheepishly as Lily giggled in the background. I shoved his chest before he splashed me with water. I gasped and through myself at him; dunking him under the water. His arms wrapped around my waist pulling me down with him, and before I knew what was happening his lips were on top of mine in an underwater kiss; making everything seem right, and causing me to never want his lips away from mine- to just kiss for forever.

"I'll be back in two weeks, I promise Koala" Tom told her as he held her in his arms and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

We were in the airport as almost usual, waiting for Tom to board the plane that would take him away from us.

I brushed my hair out of my face as Lily asked, "Will you be here for my first day of preschool?" while twirling a lock of Tom's hair between her fingers.

He smiled at her, "Of course I will, I wouldn't miss it for the world baby girl" She smiled a toothy grin at him before he told her, "Give me a kiss." She pressed her lips to his ruff cheek. He grinned at me, and I half smiled back at him, before Lily pulled back. "I'll miss you Daddy" She whispered.

He half frowned before kissing her forehead "I'll miss you too Koala, I love you."

She half heartedly smiled before saying "I love you too." He set her down of the carpet of the airport, and she walked over to me grabbing on to my pants leg.

I smiled sadly at him as his flight rang over the intercom. His lips twitched before he quickly kissed my lips. "Love you" he whispered against them before he turned and left.

"Love you too" I whisper sighed watching his retreating back board the air plane.