Chapter 26. || "From Kansas City to Philadelphia. (Girl vs. Boys)"

Beginne am Anfang

—Probably studying. First kiss?

I blushed. —With a guy in my biology class back in Miami. It was so stupid and pathetic.

—But you're blushing.

—Because I'm ashamed of it. —I paused—. My turn. Hmm, I don't know. I know everything about you already.

—How are you so sure?

—Internet.

—Come on, ask me anything, even if you already know the answer to it. 

—Favorite band?

BoyzII Men. —Boyz II Men. Your favorite song?

—Um, that's a tough one. Perhaps Pull My Heart Away by Jack Peñate and Zombie by The Cranberries. What's your favorite sport?

—That one is so obvious.

—You told me to ask you anything, although I already knew the answer. 

—Okay. Soccer. Your favorite member of The Wanted? This one is very important , so answer wisely.

I laughed. —Jay, of course. —Nathan raised an eyebrow—. And that weirdo of Nathan is my least favorite. Well, next. When's your birthday?

—You've hurt my heart. —Nathan grimaced, but I just laughed at him—. And you don't have to be so obvious, April 18th.

—I told you I already knew everything about you.

—Favorite sexual position?

I hit him. —Nathan! What kind of question is that!?

—One I want to know. —Nathan wiggled his eyebrows.

I kept laughing. —Well, I don't know? And if I did, I wouldn't even tell you. 

—Sure, —he smiled mischievously—, I get it. You would show it to me rather than telling me, because actions speak louder than words.

—PLEASE, STOP. Why do you always have to be so turned on?

—Is that your question?

—What? No! I'm not disgusting like you. It was a rhetorical question. —I saw that he opened his mouth to speak, but I stopped him—. Don't even think about answering it. 

—Well, let's just dismiss that question. My turn. Favorite band?

—Coldplay. Favorite food?

—Really?

—I know it's Chinese food and spaghetti bolognese, but I want you to answer me. 

He rolled his eyes. —Yes, stalker. Let's see, who asked you out for Prom?

I laughed a bit. —I never went to Prom. 

He turned his face towards me. —Are you serious? —I just nodded—. Why?

—Well, I have many theories. The first one is that, you know when I came here to study I skipped 2 years and I was younger than the other guys. Moreover, I almost didn't know anyone, and it's not as if parties and dances get me really excited. The second is that no one wanted to invite me. And I'm completely fine with that. I don't care. Perhaps I would have rejected the invitation and all.

—But... Well, I know how much Prom means to girls, are you sure that you don't care?

I laughed a little. —No, seriously, it's okay.

—Well, you know that I have to go to Jess's Prom, would you go with me?

—Come on, please. I want you to enjoy that day with her. Plus, we always slow dance and I feel like I have gone to hundreds of Proms.