"It's a true blessing of what you can do, you know" Maryann said, leaning against the table. "How so do you mean?" Miss Peregrine responded with a puzzled look. 

"Well, you're this bird lady and you take care of like what, 12 kids? You cook an amazing meal basically 3 times a day and you manage to keep your temper under control" Maryann said which caused Miss Peregrine to chuckle. "Years of practice makes perfect" She huffed and put away the last of the dishes. "Yes but not only that, you make these people inspired! I remember when Abe couldn't stop talking about you and the children. When Jake was a kid, Abe always told stories of when he lived at this 'children's home' and now Jake won't stop talking about it! You mean a lot more than you know to these children, you just don't see it" Maryann said with hand gestures and to be honest, it did actually shock Miss Peregrine. 

"Well, thanks to you, now I do" Miss Peregrine said with a smile on her face and they continued to talk about random subjects until Kate interrupted. 

~Kate's POV~

I was still excited about meeting everyone here, especially Miss Peregrine and Derek. I mean, they are like legends in the peculiar would and who would've guessed they would be under the same roof! The most powerful ymbrynes under the same roof. Isn't that crazy!

Anyways after lunch, I walked into the living room and saw an old guy sitting there. "Ah. You must be Kate Bentham" His voice was very groggily and dry but I didn't mind. "Yes sir! That would be me" I said with a thumb up in the air. "Allow me to introduce myself, I am Abraham Portman" Abe said. 

"Oh, Derek was talking about you before, Jake's grandfather, right?" I asked, recalling one of the conversations I had with him before. "And that would be me" He mocked with a toothless smile on his face. 

"You look very much like Caul" Abe said which, for once, I was actually glad for because everyone said I looked more like my aunt and not that I'm complaining, because she is absolutely beautiful, it's kinda messed up. Then we just stayed there chatting about my dad, my aunt and Derek but soon, he had to leave to do something and went upstairs so I figured I'd go to Miss Peregrine in the kitchen and got off the chair to walk over to the kitchen.

"Hello" My voice bounced off the wall and I noticed Maryann was there. "Hello there, Kate" Miss Peregrine said, who was leaving against the counter. Even if she was my aunt, I still couldn't help myself but shriek whenever she spoke to me. Unfortunately, she did hear me shriek and gave me an odd look. Wow, congratulations for not embarrassing yourself Kate! I scolded myself.

 "Can I just say, that you are amazing" I blurted out, to be honest, that was supposed to be in my head. "Thank you?" Miss Peregrine responded and still had the same look on her face. "So, what were you ladies talking about?" I asked and stood on the tip of my toes, swaying back and forward. 

"Nothing"

"How great she is"

Miss Peregrine and Maryann said at the same time. "Good conversation" I said.

~Third POV~

Maryann, Miss Peregrine and Kate were talking about whatever was relevant to the the conversation they were having whilst Caul made his way to the living room to watch TV, Abe was still upstairs and the children, along with Derek, were playing outside in the backyard when all of a sudden, the bell rang and it sounded through the house that even the children heard it. 

"I got it!" Caul called out and jogged to the door. 

He flung it open to be met with someone's back facing towards him, and the guys head was admiring the sky. Although, he did look familiar to Caul. 

"Hello, brother" The voice dripped with venom, then the figure spun around and Caul was met with those piercing blue eyes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FACT: Ian Somerhalder plays Damon Salvatore on the hit TV show, The Vampire Diaries and if I can recall, the first words he said on the show was 'Hello, brother' 

P.S i swear, one day this boi will kill me

S i swear, one day this boi will kill me