twentysix

"The thing with Sasha and I" Harry took a sip of his wine before he continued, no doubt needing a little bit of liquid courage "It was an arranged marriage." I felt myself gasp, there was no way I could've seen this coming.

On the few occasions I had seen the couple together they had always looked happily married. I had never dare to ask Harry any questions regarding them, like how they met or how long they had been together.

It had always just seemed like an off limits topic. He never openly discussed it and it wasn't my place to ask. Sometimes it was almost as if that fact we didn't mention Sasha meant she didn't exist and we weren't doing something wrong.

Harry took my silence as a queue to continue on with his explanation "I know it seems crazy for a grown man who was in his thirties to be set up in an arranged marriage" I just nodded, slightly gobsmacked at the new information.

"Sasha's father is one of the most, if not, the most successful business man in the city. Heck he is successful worldwide. Her father and my father dealt in business over in the UK fifteen years ago" He paused, the more he spoke the more he began to relax.

"When I started Styles and Koch Holdings it wasn't all smooth sailing. Business wasn't picking up as quickly as we had anticipated and my father was disappointed to say the least. I was thirty-three and Sasha was twenty-four when our fathers hatched their plan."

I could sense that I was the first person in a long time Harry had opened up to about this, if ever. I felt privileged that he trusted me enough to share this with me, knowing if the truth got out it could ruin him.

"Sasha was in her absolute prime. An international model in high demand, it made sense for me to be seen with her. At first I was just under the impression that her and I would be seen out and about on a couple of dates, get my name out there, you know?"

I placed my hand on his knee, grazing my thumb over his pants.

"But my god did my father have different plans. A month later we were married in Italy. Our wedding was massive, filled with unfamiliar faces and more paparazzi than you can ever imagine. Our 'exclusive' wedding photos were sold to vogue, we even made the cover.

For a few months we tried to make it work, for the sake of keeping up appearances. But neither of us were into it, so we agreed that behind closed doors we would keep it to a friendship however in public and around others we would appear as The Styles."

I sighed, I felt for him. I couldn't imagine ever being put in that position, living a fake life. "Harry, wow." He took my hand in his, lacing his fingers through mine.

"It has been a miserable five years, living this lie. You have no idea how many times I've come close to quitting it all. Exposing our fake marriage and losing my business so I could at least have a chance of happiness before I'm a crippled old man."

He slid closer to me, the waves in the background crashed against the yacht as we sailed. I had no idea where we were going, as long as I was with him.

"That was until I met you. In the last few months since you've come into my life I've experienced a happiness I forgot existed. You make me feel alive; hell you even make me feel young again." His hand left mine, moving up to rest on my cheek.

I pressed into his touch as his lips came down to meet mine, placing a soft kiss on my lips. "I'm so glad I came tonight" I whispered as we pulled back from our kiss, a small smile grew on his lips.

"So am I, Elsie Rose." He pulled me onto his laps, so my legs were straddling either side of his "I want to show you the world" He mumbled against my lips.

"Well what are you waiting for Daddy?"

--

ooooo there's some juicy information for you. originally this wasn't going to be part of the story line, but I changed my mind and I was going to wait to drop the bomb but I couldn't wait.

what do you think will happen from here?

I fucking hate my job. Why can't I just get paid to worship Harry Styles -.-

Don't forget to comment and vote loves :)

-Kx