seven

"Call me later" Martha mouthed as I rose from the table. Mr. Styles had insisted that he take me home as he was just about to head over there himself.

I assured him I was capable of making my own way home yet he was very adamant on me taking the ride home with him. I was almost scared to say no to him. He had an aura about him that made you never want to get on his bad side.

"It was nice to meet you Miss. Ashby" He bid farewell to my best friend; he was always so formal, even when it came to a seventeen year old girl. "I'll talk to you later M" I waved and she just nodded.

There was a look of slight confusion on her face and I knew exactly what she was thinking.

"So, why are you going to my house?" I questioned as I tried to keep up with him. His legs were a lot longer than mine and he had no intention of slowing for me, he was walking as if he were on a mission.

"Business" he was blunt. "That is none of your business"

Michael was stood just down the street with the door of the backseat of the car open and ready for us. Mr. Styles climbed in first, barely acknowledging his driver. I slid in after him, thanking Michael with a polite smile as he closed the door.

The car ride was silent. Mr. Styles was occupied on his phone, I watched him as he nibbled at his lip pushing his hair back out of his face. "Didn't your Daddy ever tell you it's rude to stare?" his voice boomed, shocking me a little.

"S-sorry" I mumbled adverting my attention to my lap. I begun picking the skin around my thumb nail, a horrible habit I had picked up when I become nervous.

Much to my relief it was only a short ride to my house and before I knew it Michael was coming to my rescue opening the door for me. I made my way up the steps to my front door, not bothering to look back to see where the older man was.

I was about to push the front door open when his British accent spoke. "Elsie Rose, wait." I stopped, but refused to turn to face him. "I'm sorry" His voice got closer. I finally turned around to find him stood on the step below me.

"I-it's fine?" I replied, unsure just what he was apologising for. "I hope you'll accompany your parents to the Styles & Koch Gala on Saturday night." My parent's hadn't mentioned any kind of event they were attending this weekend.

"I uh, don't have anything to wear" I had an uneasy feeling about attending the Gala. "I find that hard to believe." He chuckled and I shrugged, my mind going blank of any possible excuse I could use to not attend the event.

"I'll have something sent over for you" he informed me before stepping around me and entering the house before I could refuse.

I dumped my back on my bed and pulled my phone out of my pocked to find a few messages from Martha.

Martha: That was Mr. Styles?!

Martha: how is he even possible??

Martha: literally the perfect creation.

Elsie: You're telling me.

Martha: What happened? What was that?

Elsie: I've got no idea.

I sighed and threw my phone onto my bed beside me. I wish I knew what that was.

He barely knows me, yet he feels the need to tell me what to do. I've met the man minimum five times and he already has such a power over me.

He intrigues me; I can't help but find myself wanting to know more. Wanting more time spent with him. More of his lips on mine.

And that scares me, I'm scared of just how much I'm going to let happen.

--

Just a bit of a filler, sorry hunnies. I felt bad for not updating for a while...

I know it's low key so annoying that Elsie still refers to Harry as Mr. Styles, but that's how she was introduced to him and he is yet to tell her she can call him Harry. He likes it, it goes with the story, it makes him feel like he has the power. So if that was bothering you, that's why. Don't worry, one day she will be able to call him Harry.

- K x