twentyone

I sat on my window sill, aimlessly scrolling through my facebook feed rolling my eyes at the ridiculous posts made by my classmates. I made a mental note to go through my friend list and un-friend some people when I had a chance, I'm not even sure why most of these people were my 'friends' anyway.

My birthday had come and gone without so much as a Happy Birthday from anyone. My parents had jetted off to deal with some more business leaving me home alone in our house that was honestly too big to house only three people.

I glanced at the time realising it was close to dinner time and that I should probably head downstairs to make myself some food. Unfortunately I was not gifted with the skill of cooking so my options included toast, pasta or potato salad.

Toast had been my breakfast, lunch and dinner for the past two days so I decided on potato salad. As I walked through the sitting room towards the kitchen the figure of someone tall walking around the kitchen.

It was dark, the only light on in the kitchen behind the silhouette making it near impossible to make out his face. My heartbeat picked up as I reached to my left picking up the nearest possible weapon. A candlestick this was about to turn into a game of cluedo.

Miss Carter in the kitchen with the candlestick.

Adrenaline rushed through me, telling me to approach the potentially dangerous situation. The figure, I assumed was a man due to their height, was still yet to notice me. Suddenly as I was about to enter the kitchen a phone rang.

"What do you want?" His tone was frustrated "I'm busy right now Sasha, we will discuss it when I get home" He growled and the fear that had previously rushed through me washed away as he hung up the phone and let out an agitated groan.

I stepping into the kitchen and the light finally revealed him, leaned against the counter with his eyebrows furrowed. It was clear he had a lot on his mind. "H-harry, what are you doing here?" He jumped slightly and turned to face me.

"Shit, you scared me." He exclaimed "I scared you? You scared me; I thought someone had broken in!" He pulled a key out of his pocket and waved it in front of me "Not exactly, your parents asked me to keep an eye on you."

Funny how they waited till I was legal to decide someone needed to keep an eye on me... "I'm quite capable of looking after myself" I huffed and made my way around him to collect the ingredients for my dinner.

I'd always been the kind of person who held grudges. I was especially stubborn when it came to people hurting my feelings. Harry had hurt my feelings.

"What's wrong Princess?" He asked following me around the kitchen as I picked up various items. "Nothing" I mumbled coldly.

I knew birthdays weren't that big of a deal, but it was my eighteenth and he couldn't even spare a few seconds out of his day to wish me a Happy Birthday. I didn't expect him to do anything grand; I was his dirty little secret after all.

Was it so much to ask that those around me make me feel special on the one day of the year that was all about me?

"I know you well enough to know that's a lie" He retorted. I placed the various ingredients on the counter and turned to him "I'm eighteen" I blurted.

"Baby, I know" He responded placing his hand on my hip "Gee, thanks for the birthday wishes on Monday" I rolled my eyes, I thought his lack of communication on my birthday may have been due to the fact he wasn't even aware it was my birthday.

I knew it was hopeful to think that, I'm sure my father had mentioned that his baby was turning the big eighteen at some point.

"Actually, that's partly why I'm here" He said and my eyes wandered back to his "I got you something" he explained and I'm sure my eyes lit up. What's even more depressing than everyone being too busy to remember your birthday?

Getting zero gifts. Shallow and materialistic, I know. But I just love that excitement that accompanies the surprise of presents.

"Is it a puppy?" I asked with a laugh, although I was joking anyone who knew me knew how much I wanted a little puppy of my own. "Unfortunately no... Maybe for your nineteenth birthday" He replied with a chuckle.

"I think you'll like this just as much as a dog though" he added and pulled a blindfold out of his back pocket. "Is it a one way ticket out of virgin city?" I joked earning a laugh from Harry. He shook his head and motioned for me to come to him so he could place the blindfold over my eyes.

He led me through the house, guiding me around and over various objects his hand not leaving its tight grip on my waist once. I loved the feeling of his large warm hands against me, they had a certain way of making me feel safe in any situation.

"Are you ready?" he asked me as we came to a stop, the chilly breeze made me realise we were now stood outside. I nodded my head eagerly, ready to see the surprise. "Close your eyes" he instructed as he began to remove my blindfold.

I squeezed my eyes shut, fighting the urge to peek. His hand left my waist and his warmth moved away leaving me stood alone in the cold. "Open" He yelled.

My eyes shot open to see he had brought me out onto the street in front of my house; I looked around unsure what exactly I was supposed to be looking food. My eyes wandered back to Harry who stood in front of me.

"Are you my gift?" I asked with confusion. He chuckled and shook his head, moving to the side and motioning to the white vehicle parked at the curb. "This is" My jaw dropped at the shiny car.

"No way?" I was in disbelief, surely he was joking with me. "Yes way, I picked it out myself." He said with a proud look on his face. "While I wish it was all me, your parents insisted they contribute so it's from all of us."

I had barely driven at all, always taking advantage of drivers or the public transport throughout NYC. My parents had been enthusiastic about me learning to drive before I went off to college, not wanting me to have to catch a train every time I wanted to come home.

"It's beautiful" I screamed as the surprise was replaced with excitement. "It's an Audi Q3." He explained, not that I knew anything about cars.

"I've got the Q5, so it's kind of like his and hers..." He trailed off, looking down sheepishly. He had gotten us matching cars. This beautiful man bought me a car to go with his own.

"I love it, thank you so much Harry" I wrapped my arms around his neck as I flung myself at him; I was overflowing with gratitude at his gesture.

"Good thing I purchased it before the phone incident or you may not have been so lucky..." He pulled back and I looked at him confused "phone incident?"

"Elsie, f*ck I'm going to cum"

--

HARRY STYLES IS GOING ON TOUR. HARRY STYLES IS COMING TO MELBOURNE. THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

Oooooo Elsie is eighteen, do you know what that means? things about to get freaky!

Comment and Vote pleaseeeeeeee

-K x