eight

As promised a dress arrived at my house the day before the Gala courtesy of Mr. Styles. Like the Gala, I was yet to take any interest in the dress, heck he probably didn't even choose it I'm sure he just had one of his assistants get it.

Or maybe it was just a hand-me-down from Sasha's closet. I'm sure her wardrobe was filled with many beautiful garments and jewellery. I could only imagine her shoe collection.

In typical Elsie fashion Saturday afternoon had rolled around quicker than I had hoped and I had left getting ready till the very last minute.

I walked into my walk in wardrobe and over to the hanging garment bag that our house keeper had placed in here earlier. I bit my lip nervously, not really sure what to expect.

I considered myself to be rather conservative with my dress sense; I preferred to cover up as much as possible. My body was my biggest insecurity.

My mother had always made me conscious of what I ate, always letting me know I didn't need to eat all the junk food I did. It always seemed like she wanted me to be a carbon copy of her, a twig.

I knew I wasn't fat, however that didn't make me any more comfortable with the way my body looked. I refused to wear a bikini to the beach and unlike every other girl in my year level my school uniform wasn't so short you could see my knickers.

We all have our insecurities and I'm just a regular seventeen year old girl with mine.

I pulled the zip on the bag down slowly revealing a blush pink dress. It was a simple design, tight fitting off the shoulders with a slit down the left leg. It wasn't something I'd necessarily pick for myself, yet I still found it beautiful.

I noticed a little card attached to the hanger and took it in my hand.

I thought this would look incredible on you. Looking forward to seeing you Elsie Rose.
Mr. Styles x

As I took the dress off the hanger I noticed the tags still attached. I smiled to myself, knowing it wasn't just recycled from his wife.

I made my way down the stairs just as my parents were about to leave. "You look beautiful, baby girl." My dad complemented me with love. "Thank you daddy." I took the last step and met them.

"Where are you off to? Is Prom this weekend?" My mother asked a little frantic thinking she had missed my big night. "No no" I sighed "Mr. Styles invited me tonight."

My father looked over to my mother questioning and she just shrugged in return. "We would have extended the invite to you, but you usually never want to come to these types of events." Father spoke.

"Or any events" my mother added. I simply shrugged and suggested we leave before we are late.

I walked into the Gala next to my parents, automatically feeling intimidated. I always chose not to come to these things because I felt out of place. They were always filled with tall, beautiful women and their handsome husbands.

A few couples would bring their over privileged snotty children that I'd never get along with. I felt so out of place.

I followed my mother and father around as they went around greeting various friends or business partners, eventually my mother left us to go sip cocktails with her witchy friends.  Mr. Styles beautiful wife included.

"Alistair" A familiar English accent spoke from behind us and my father and I turned in sync. "The man himself" father announced as he shook his hand. Mr. Styles was yet to acknowledge me so I took the minute to take him in.

He wore a slim fit dark grey suit. His black dress shirt underneath had the top few buttons undone revealing the slightest bit of ink on his chest.

For such an occasion he seemed so casual, my previous encounters with him he was always dressed in suit and tie looking like all business and no play.

His loose curls were messily pushed to the side and I watched as his green eyes focused on his conversation with my father.

"Excuse me; I need to get some air." I informed them as the large room began to feel rather stuffy with Mr. Style's presence. I'm not sure either one of them noticed my departure, nor was I really bothered.

I took one glance back at the two men before I opened the door to the stairs that lead to the rooftop. His eyes were finally on me, a cocky grin on his lips.

He said a goodbye to my father before he began navigating the room in my direction.

My heart began beating fast as I opened the door and rushed up the stairs to the roof.

Fuck

--

Do you guys like it when there is an image with the story of an outfit a character is wearing or a place they are so you can get a visual or not? If you're into that I can start attaching images of dresses Elsie wears etc.

- K x