one

"Sixteen Candles or The Breakfast Club?" Martha yelled as she rummaged through my families movie collection.

"Sixteen Candles, always" I replied as Griffin rolled his eyes beside me. "Can't we watch something a little more... action packed?" he groaned.

This was how our weekends were always spent. My best friends Martha and Griffin sprawled out in my cinema room with excess amounts of junk food shared between us.

It had been this way for as long as I could remember. The three of us had been a package deal since pre-school.

Griffin always drew the short end of the straw, having to sit through umpteen amounts of rom-coms and chick flicks. He gave up trying to argue with us years ago, knowing that Martha and I would always get the last say.

He had accepted the fact that that was just how things are when your two best friends are self confessed hopeless romantics.

"You always pick Sixteen Candles, hence why I've seen it enough times to be able to quote it from start to finish" he complained and shovelled another spoonful of mint choc chip ice-cream into his mouth with a huff.

I giggled as Martha closed the DVD player and returned to her spot on the lounge between Griffin and I. "It's iconic Griff, embrace it."

"Jake Ryan is every girl's high school dream." Martha agreed, snatching Griffin's spoon and filling her mouth with ice-cream.

We settled into the movie with our usual quite chit chat as the familiar story line played out.

The barn door to our left opened and my father peeked his head around the door. "Elsie, you mother and I are going out to catch up with our old college friend, Mr Styles for dinner." I nodded averting my attention to him.

My father was only in his mid forties, according to Martha he was quite good looking for his age. Despite knowing him majority of her life, she wasn't shy about the fact she had a crush on him.

"Will you kids be alright here? We've left some money for pizza on the kitchen counter." He informed us.

"Mr. Carter, how will we ever survive without you and Mrs. Carter here?" Martha spoke up dramatically. I chuckled lightly "Dad, we will be fine. We've done it before."

My parents were the regular little socialites so I was no stranger to being left to fend for myself.

"Call if you need anything, baby girl" My dad whispered motioning to his phone as he closed the door back over.

I looked over to Martha who was dramatically fanning herself. "Your mum is one lucky lady".

When Martha wasn't pining over my Dad, her confidence was something I admired about my best friend. The blonde haired, blue eyed girl couldn't be any more opposite to me.

Martha oozed with confidence, especially when it came to men. She knew what she wanted and exactly how she could get it. Her body only worked in her favour, she had the biggest boobs in our grade when we were fourteen and as she matured her curves only continued to work more in her favour.

Experience wasn't something she lacked and she had no problem letting anyone know that.

"Martha Ashby, keep it in your pants. He is a married man!" Griffin cringed, hitting her with a pillow. Griffin and I related more in the sense we were both on the conservative end of the scale.

"I'm just saying, if he wasn't committed I would be having my way." She laughed and raised her eyebrows at me.

I made a fake gag noise; "Gross" Griffin backed me up. "What are we going to do with you Martha?" He sighed.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry" she threw her hands up in defeat. "The heart wants what it wants" Griffin snorted placing his hand on her fake tanned shoulder. "Your vagina wants what it wants, babe. Heart is something you lack."

--
Photo of Elsie, Griffin and Martha at the top.

So here it is, the first chapter. The start is always the hardest part to write, so please bare with me. I know this ain't the best start. But if you want to read about Harry getting his dick wet, you gotta bare with me and stick around!

- K x