twelve

"So, was that guy your boyfriend?" Mr. Styles asked as we sat in the back of his town car, destination Yale.

True to his word he arrived to pick me up at 8 o'clock on the dot. He was dressed in his usual dark slacks, however his tucked in dress shirt was unbuttoned half way down, revealing two sparrows on his chest and the beginning of a butterfly tattoo.

I never took him as the tattoo type of man, he looked like such a business man that it was hard to believe someone of such wealth and power would have tattoos.

"Griffin?" I chocked on my saliva with his assumption. "No way." He looked at me with a look of slight disbelief. "Friend with benefits?" I just laughed, Griffin was like my brother there was no way he was putting his D in my V.

"We are just friends, been best friends for as long as I can remember" I explained taking a gulp of water from my bottle that sat beside me.

There were a lot of misconceptions when it came to Griffin. People frequently assumed that either Martha or I were dating him; while the other was just a third wheel. When people discovered we were all just friends, their next assumption was he was gay.

"It's always been Griffin, Martha and I." He nodded, staring at my intently. I found my eyes wandering back down to his exposed chest.

"I like your tattoo" He looked down; pulling his open shirt down a little more revealing the complete butterfly tattoo. The once black ink had faded to a blue, letting me know that it wasn't a recent tattoo.

"I got it years ago, hurt like a bitch." He chuckled reminiscing on the memory. "I went a little tattoo crazy when I was younger." He explained and I couldn't imagine him with any more tattoos than the few I could see.

I reached my hand out towards his bare chest "can I?" I motioned towards the tattoo; he nodded in response granting me permission.

I ran my finger over the outline of the beautiful creation, his skin impeccably smooth under my touch. I'd always imagined you'd be able to feel the ink under the skin but if I'd had my eyes closed I would have been oblivious to the ink.

"Do you want any?" he broke the silence and I drew my eyes away from his abdomen and met his gaze. "Maybe one day." I paused, thinking a little.

My parents were always strict when it came to tattoos, piercings and anything out of the norm. Though my sister had never listened to them, she was basically a walking poster girl for piercings, tattoos and bad decisions.

I had always respected their opinions and kept myself looking respectable. But a few times I'd considered getting a few small tattoos. I always loved how beautiful some could look. Simple and pretty.

"I've thought of a few I'd like. Nothing too drastic." I explained, his eyes lighting up instantly. "Let's do it" He excitedly bounced in his seat, looking the most childlike I'd ever seen him.

"What? No way, my parents would kill me. Heck, they'd kill you!" I panicked, if my parents found out I got a tattoo. An underage tattoo, I'd be grounded for life. God only knows what they'd do to Harry.

"That's not the only thing your parents would kill both of us over if they found out..." He trailed off raising his eyebrow. The air leaving my lungs.

This whole time I had only ever worried about the fact that Mr. Styles was a married man. I worried so much about the poor wife he was betraying that I had barely had a chance to think about how my parents would feel if they ever found out.

They had been friends longer than I had lived. Mr. Styles and my father were best friends, they had trusted him with me enough to let him take me out, if they ever found out about what we had done, all the kisses we had shared they would kill him.

"You can just get a tattoo in a place only I will see." He winked and I giggled nervously like a school girl at his sexual advance. "Stuff it, let's do it." I threw my hands up in the air.

He made me want to be daring and step outside my good girl box.

Within seconds Michael had changed his direction, driving towards the tattoo parlour Mr. Styles had spent most of his college years at covering himself in ink.

"What are you thinking?" He interrupted my train of thought; I was sorting through the ideas in my head trying to settle on a tattoo and its placement. "Lavender, on my sternum. Delicate and pretty."

"Mmm, just like you my beautiful Elsie Rose."

--

I started my new job and i hate it. I'd rather be home writing this story and reading other peoples stories about our savior Harry Styles...

- K x