twentyfive

I knew I had to go into tonight open minded, however I knew I also owed it to myself and Harry to share my feelings. I hated the idea of putting my feelings on the line, but I couldn't continue to let him consume my thoughts and waste my time.

I could only hope he would do the same.

Quite a few hours were spent going back and forth with myself after I listened to the voicemail Harry had left. Part of me just wanted to delete the message and move on, sure I knew I'd run into him again eventually but he had a wife and a life and my life had barely begun.

Yet I still felt myself so drawn to him, the curiosity of tonight's meeting would have nearly killed me. I didn't want to be that girl, but I wasn't ready to turn my back on him yet.

At five o'clock the doorbell rang through the house, moments later our housekeeper was knocking on my bedroom door to present me with a white garment bag.

A rush of excitement went through me as I unzipped the bag, exposing a red satin cocktail dress. It was short and didn't exactly leave much to the imagination, but the idea of wearing it for Harry thrilled me.

The man had taste that is for sure.

An ivory card was attached to the coat hanger; his sensational handwriting filled the inside. I'm hoping you'll accept my offer tonight, I can't think of anything better than you in this dress that seems as if it were made just for you. See you tonight Princess, H x (but you can call me Daddy) 

My palms ached with nerves as I re-read his message. I had absolutely no idea what to expect from Harry tonight, the unexpected was killing me.

No later than 7:01 Michael was parked outside my townhouse ready to take me to Harry. I greeted him politely as I climbed into the backseat of the car, smoothing my dress out over my thighs once I sat down.

As we passed through the streets of New York City I let my thoughts wander to Harry. To how life may be if I was only a little older or if he wasn't married and best friends with my dad.

I let myself picture a life where Harry was just Harry and I was just Elsie, and that would be okay for us. Maybe we'd get married one day and live in a New York apartment until we had a few kids and we'd move out to Connecticut to live in my dream home complete with a white picket fence.

Yet deep down I knew that'd never be the case, things would never be that easy. I always seemed to focus on the fact that Harry was married being the reason we couldn't be together, when that was only the beginning.

Sasha and Harry could divorce but there would still be the obstacle of my parents. Over their dead bodies would they ever condone a relationship between me and an almost forty year old man, let alone their long time friend.

I dreaded the day they ever found out that Harry had come onto me.

"We are here Miss. Carter" Michael said from the open door to my left, startling me from my thoughts.

He directed me down the dock and I thanked him as I began walking towards the water. The dock was filled with four or so large yachts, each one more over the top than the last. The sound of the water crashing calmed my nerves slightly until the beautiful Brit came into my view.

His back faced me as he stood on the deck of the last yacht. His legs were clad in tight black jeans, a lose dress shirt covered his torso. Typical Harry Styles fashion.

As the sound of my heels against the path got louder, he turned to face me. His eyes lit up and a smile grew on his lips.

"You came" He spoke as he made his way to the edge, holding his hand out to me as I reached the Yacht to help me up. I carefully made the transition from land to water, his warm grip on my hand sending shocks through me.

"Yeah" I replied shyly, now stood in front of him. I looked down at my hands as his eyes took me in, suddenly feeling shy.

"You look incredible in that dress" His compliment made me blush. He reached for my other hand, taking it in his and I finally looked up and met his eyes for the first time tonight.

His eyes bored into me, like it had been years since he had seen me. I couldn't help but do the same. It had been a long week without him and I wanted to make sure he was imprinted in my memory. "I honestly didn't think you'd come" He finally spoke.

I took a moment to form my reply, knowing I wanted to say the right thing. "I wasn't going to" I started, his smile faded a little at my harsh words "But I had to, I'm well and truly fixated on you"

"Well I'm glad you said that" He paused "I thought I could walk away and continue on with my life, but I've had the most miserable week without you" I hadn't expected to hear those words from Harry.

All week I had wondered if he was feeling the same as me, absolutely miserable. I dismissed that idea quickly, wondering how a man with such power as him and a beautiful wife to go home to could be miserable over me.

"It's you Elsie Rose" his voice was no louder than a whisper as he pressed a soft kiss to my forehead.

--
I'm sorry about the super shitty slow replies but i've been busy as foooook. Also i've been into playing the sims 4 so that's been consuming my life.
But i promise i'll start updating regularly, the story is almost at the end though 🙄

Vote and comment pretties x

-Kx