Laced - Chapter 62 (Complications)

Start from the beginning

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I do as he says, because there's nothing left to do. That's the thing about Harry - once he had his mind set on one thing, he was going to go through with it, no matter how stupid.

Beep.

So I pulled out the first aid kit, my fingers shaking the entire time, and handed it to him. He quickly opens it and pulled out antiseptic wipes, sanitizing both the small knife and his wrist.

Beep beep beep.

"You don't have to look." Harry speaks up, and I nod and turn around. If I saw, I'd probably puke. Or pass out. Or both.

Beep beep beep.

The only way that I know Harry had actually gone through with it was when I heard a small gasp from Harry.

"Are you okay?" I ask, but don't turn around.

"Yeah," his voice is strained when he answers me. "Fuck, this thing is in a lot deeper than I thought." He mutters.

The beeping only gets louder, and Harry curses again. "Fuck. Fuck, this is really deep."

I cringe. "Just stop then. We'll go back. Please, Harry." I close my eyes, trying not to think of all the blood I knew was probably running down his arm.

"I've almost got it. Hold up." He hisses, and I can hear him stand up from where he was crouched. "Abby, can you get me the wrap from the first aid kit? Fuck."

When I turn around, I gasp at how much blood was running down his arm - I could even see it in the dark of the night. "Oh my god, there's so much blood. Oh my god."

The chip is still beeping and flashing, but now, it's on the floor next to Harry. He's pulled it out completely.

I bend down to get the wrap for him, and he hisses in pain again.

"Fuck. I'd normally wash the blood away but I don't want to waste our water." He says.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I take a deep breath to calm myself, and take hold of his arm, as blood continued to run.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

It takes me a good minute to try to wrap it around his arm, tight to stop the bleeding. Since the cut was close to his hand, I finished by wrapping the remainder of the wrap around his thumb to secure it in place.

"There."

Beep.

When he pulls his arm away, he gives me a half-hearted smile. "Thank you."

Beep.

I stand up, and cringe when I realize his blood was all over my hands and arms. "You lost a lot of blood. D'you feel okay?"

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

"M'fine. We need to get out of here. We need to run quick, because they'll probably be notified." He says, picking up his bag and throwing it over his back. "But first-"

His boot comes down over the GPS microchip, crushing it under his foot. The loud beeping stops, finally filling the area with silence.

I exhale in relief, and look over to Harry. He motions with his head for me to come nearer to him, and I do.

He takes my hand in his, and starts moving forward, and then bursts into laughter.

"Why are you laughing?" I look at him like he's crazy, and he looks back at me, a goofy grin on his face. I can't help it when the corners of my mouth lift up in a smile - it's contagious. But he's insane - we're insane, and this whole situation is insane. I still couldn't believe we were out. It was unreal.