Just a Cypher

Areum's POV

"Anyway, Jungkook, Mina is coming back today. I need you to fetch her in the airport at 4:30."

Mina? Who's Mina?

I turned my head towards Jungkook as he just nodded. I quickly finished my meal and headed upstairs.

I locked the door and dialed Nari.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Nari? I need you to research about something, no someone."

"Hmm. Sure, a fast research won't hurt, so who is it about?"

"Mr. Lee, as in Lee Ryeojun."

"Wait, is that-"

"Yes, the father of Mrs. Jeon Gianna"

"Well Mr. Lee is the CEO of a really big real estate business​. He is responsible for selling different high class buildings and hotels in to different parts of the world."

"Ohh OK, so he's capable of doing big things, he's also influential and is he part of-"

"Yes he's one of the leaders of The Equinox, he and his nephew Choi So jun."

"Choi So jun?! You mean my dad? He's Mr. Lee's nephew? So you mean to tell me that me and Jungkook are cousins?!"

"Uhh no, not really. Mr. Choi is an adopted of The Chois, the closest relative of the The Lees, which is The family of Jungkook's Mom. And 3 years after he founded The Equinox, he decided to terminate the documents saying that he's the only son of The Chois. You got that?"

"Uhh yes, so he isn't a part of any family connected to the Jeons, the Kim's and the Parks right?"

"Yes, so any questions about Mr. Lee or Mr. Choi?"

"No, its alright. I need to go. Thanks a lot Nari."

I placed my phone down and sighed.

"Who was that?"

I was startled by a voice that made me sat back down.

"Yah! You scared the hell out of me!"

I glared at Jungkook as I laid back down on his bed.

"Who was that?"

He questioned again. I swallowed the lump in my throat and answered.

"It was just Jiyoon."

I answered without meeting his eyes. And without saying anything he snatched my phone which was laying above my stomach.

He started to touch different part of my phone screen as I didn't said a word.

"Then why is the caller name 'Nari' who's Nari?"

I glared at him again as I snatched my phone back.

"She's just a friend. Nothing especial."

"If you say so, hey get up, were going to the park."

"Wait before we go, does your Grandfather knows who I am? I swear there is something about the way he talks."

"He's just like that to begin with now let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So this is a park?"

I said while looking at different children playing and different mothers whispering to each other.

I also saw an ice cream vendor and different street food stalls. This really looks like a typical playground rather than a park.

"I hate children."

I said and made a sour face while facing Jungkook. He just shrugged and grabbed my wrist. We started walking towards a pavement that led to a more quieter part if the park. It was so quiet since we are the only one present.

It was an open field, filled with grass and bushes. In the middle there was a tree, a big tree. He pulled me again as we sat down.

"Is this better?"

"Yes. I like being here."

I smiled and sat down. We observed different flowers as I spoke.

"You brought foods for us right?"

He just smiled and tossed a bag of chips as I started eating.

"Anyway, Who's Mina?"

I asked and looked at him.

"She's nothing."

"Just tell me. Is she your girlfriend?"

"No, we were never together."

"Is she your sister then?"

"No, I dont want to have a sister like her."

"Your cousin?"

"No, shes-"

"Just tell me already!"

"She's my first love."

Hmm first love?

"What's that? Is that something edible?"

He just laughed as he opened another bag of chips.

"She's the first girl that made me fall."

"So she's your first love huh?"

I nodded slowly as I proceeded.

"Then why didn't you look excited when you knew that she's coming back?"

"First love fades. I don't want to talk about her."

I just kept silent as I munched down a handful of chips and pulled out my phone.

I saw Jiyoon's text saying to update her about what's happening so I tilted my phone in an angle that Jungkook won't see and texted her back.

"Do you have any assignments for me?"

"Aunt Mira said that one of our headquarters in Jeju has been bombed. They investigated the scene and found out that the bomb that was used have this symbol that represents The Equinox."

"Symbol? What does it looks like?"

"Its a big detailed sun with numbers underneath. Each corner of the sun have this small portraits of the different phases of the moon and its also made of gold. Woah, even their symbol screams luxury."

"Anyway, what about the bombing in Jeju?"

"One of Mr. Kang's men have been found in a street just beside our headquarters in Jeju so our aunties want you to confront him since there was a news saying that there are five bombs in different parts of Korea. Your mission is to know where those bombs are."

"Where is Mr. Kang located tho, and do I have a time limit?"

"Where are you now?"

"Were at Shinyeongju."

"Mr. Kang is at Daejeon. And you only have time til 2 days from now."

"Okie."

I placed my phone down as I saw Jungkook stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to fetch Mina in the airport. Wait for me. I'll be back."

I nodded and faced the bag of chips in my lap when slender fingers landed into my chin making me look up.

As I looked up a pair of lips met mine as Jungkook smiled in between the kiss.

I glared at him as I pulled off.

"Just go, your first love is waiting for you."

"I said I dont want to talk about her. I'll be back! Dont go anywhere."

I'll be back? Bullshit, if only I knew.