Affliction

Areum's POV

"Areum wake up darling, Jiyoon ahh wake up its already 10 am!"

I felt a shake in my legs as an organism shifted their position side ways.

"Areum wake up!"

I opened my eyes only to see Aunt Haesoo waking us up.

"Wake Jiyoon up, aigoo you worked hard last night!"

I just smiled as I heard the door shut close. I got back to bed as I looked at jiyoon beside me. Ohh fuck ouch my body hurts!

"Gosh what happened?"

I held my head as I felt stinging in my knuckles. I just noticed that it was covered with scratches and bruises. I glared at the sleeping Jiyoon, gosh this bitch loved her job too much!

I observed my arms only to see that they were also covered with bruises. Ouch I swear it hurts.

"Jiyoon-ah, wake up"

I said as I shaked her up. I just heard a groan as she shifted into another position. Gosh what happened last night?

I scanned my eyes only to find the large stick Jiyoon used earlier. I quickly got up and went near it and..

*snap*

"Woah there Areum, chill"

I turned my back towards Jiyoon as she just chuckled and hugged my pillow that stick deserved to break. I lay back down beside her as I tried to relax for the pain to stop.

"What happened last night?"

I asked.

"We went home at 5:30. Then due to extreme exhaustion I slept here."

I listened to her as I touched my bruises. Gosh I swear they are so many.

"Girls wake up, breakfast is Ready."

~~~~~~~

"OK listen here girls. Especially you Areum."

I looked at Aunt Haesoo as I stuffed toasted bread in my mouth.

"Telling you that Areum Park and Jiyoon Lee isn't real doesn't mean that you need to calk yourselves Winter and Flare alright?"

"What why?!"

I heard Jiyoon whined at my side as she dumped her back in the chair.

"Then what's the use of giving you a decoy name in the first place? We need to be more observant today. Besides winter is gonna end soon."

I swallowed all of the stuff that is in my mouth as I looked at them. This really is confusing.

"What's so special about the end of winter?"

I saw Aunt Mira smirk as she dropped her fork.

"Because Areum, when winter ends, The members of the Equinox will be more active than it was last winter."

My eyebrows stayed together as I rubbed my temples.

"Uhhh why is that?"

I said again as I listened attentively. I swear because of this things I'm becoming more and more slow.

"Well my dear, winter is the part of the year when most of us people sleeps more late. Maybe because of the upcoming Christmas. And Areum since the equinox is filled with high class murderers and criminals they can only strike at night. So winter is the time when the Equinox's activities becomes dull."

"Ahh"

I can only nod in their statements. I can't do this anymore. Seriously my hand and body aches so much. My bruises and scratches only seems to be getting bigger every move I take. It hurts.

Gosh I can feel my body as it weakens. I swear I can faint here. But no, I need to be strong. I need to be immune. This is the only way!!

As I was eating midway of our breakfast I felt dripping liquid from my knees as I ate. Please don't be blood. Please don't b-

"Ohh shit its blood"

I whispered as I quickly stood up bearing the pain as I tried hard not to whimper.

"Uhhh aunties I will just go upstairs. I think I am already finished."

I smiled at them as I tried to hide my bruises and ran as fast as I could. Please don't drip. Please don't ache. please don't cry!!

As I reached my room my feet quickly dropped as I felt my wound as it repeatedly stung my skin. Fuck if I'm gonna suffer from this every day I would die. I quickly bit my lip as I tried to stand up and reach for my first aid kit.

The moment I got it, my window suddenly flew open as my eyes widened.

"Stop hurting yourself"