Chapter 1

Areum's POV

"No mom, I'm not doing it. I won't marry him"

"You have to, its for your own sa-"

"No mom! Marrying someone I don't even like won't make my life better!"

I slammed the door shut as I rubbed my face with my palm. How could they?

After my so called "dad" announced that there will be an arranged wedding I was really close to bursting.

I really don't know what to do. Things were so fast for me to understand. First Sehun being a complete..... Stalker and uhhh well this stupid engagement.

"No Areum, don't let them come over you. You can only control your life."

I whispered silently. This is really frustrating. The wedding will happen in the next three weeks. I can't just marry him. That's nonsense!

Before I could even lay my back in my bed I heard a slam in my door as it burst open revealing, my "loving" father.

"Park Areum! You'll be marrying the Ohs whether you like it or not!"

"You marry him! Its your company anyway! Don't ever get me involved in your madness!"

"While you little-"

"What? Are you gonna slap me again?! Go on! Prove yourself in front of me that you're such a useless father!"

I shouted in his face as he dropped his hands with force. He came running in front of me as he pointed his fore finger in my forehead.

"Don't you ever say that I was useless. All the clothes you wear, all the food you eat and all the things you brought came straight from my pocket. Now if you're not gonna marry him you'll loose all the wealth and grace you have."

I scoffed in his face as I slapped his finger away.

"Are you saying that I can't live on my own with out your filthy money? Try me you old hag. If not marrying that guy means losing all of your so called wealth then so be it!"

"Mark my words Areum, if you deny my request you won't be known as part of the Parks."

He said as he turned his back and went out. Well great, a great life a great family a great dad. This is bullshit. What part of the phrase I won't do it can't they understand?! They force me into doing it as if marriage is just a simple word!

I rested my back in my bed as I sighed deeply. I felt a tear roll out of my eyes as I wiped it away. All my life I never felt this way. I never thought that things can turn upside down ruining my once perfect family. I never knew that behind that old hag's innocence is a disgusting devil.

Woah my life can actually be aired as a drama. All I can is to sigh as I closed my eyes. I was close to sleeping as I heard a clung of metal dropping. I turned my head side ways as I found a shining object. It doesn't really look like something silver but more like gold.

Because of curiousness I stood up and went near it. My eyebrows clutched together as I saw that it was a golden knife. Beside it is a note. I quickly Grabbed it as a familiar scent of dried blood filled my nose.

"I won't let you go away that easily, besides that Sehun guy isn't really part of the game. You can only choose between the players who are actually in the game so sleep tight princess, I hope to see you sooner beside me."

What? Gosh for a minute there the three psychopaths slipped of my mind. They aren't really helping. They are just adding on my frustrations.

I looked at the knife before me as it shined. I picked it up as I saw my name engraved into its tip.

"Areum"

It reads. Woah this is really weird. This guys really know how to spend money. No more like waste it. I gave the note a smug look as I approached my cabinet I gently placed it there as I tried to sleep. We are still on Jeju and its almost 9 pm. I'm pretty sure everyone is asleep by now.

I was about to drift off to wonder land as my phone ringed. Who could even text me this late night?

From:UNIDENTIFIED NUMBER

I want to wish our queen with an Early happy birthday greetings. For a girl with an innocent name but can also be the opposite of it.

Seen:9:43 pm

What? Birthday? But my birthday is on April and its still on February. Wrong number?