Past

Areum's POV

I decided to go down the stairs as I noticed that there were baggages infront of the main door.

I caught a glimpse of Jiyoon heading towards me as she was eating toast.

"Are we leaving already?"

"No"

She answered while chewing her toast.

"Then whose leaving? I thought that-"

"Move"

We heard a deep voice from behind as I quickly turned around only to see that Jimin Jungkook and Taehyung all holding their baggage.

"Where are you going?"

But instead of answering me they all just glared in front of me as silence ate us up. After some times Aunt Haesoo came running down the stairs while looking at Jungkook.

"Ohh why are you leaving all of the sudden?" Worries were traceable in her words.

"We need to go ma'am. Winter will end soon."

Within seconds my aunt's expression suddenly became dark as she looked at them intensely.

"What do you mean by that?"

Jungkook just smirked as he turned his back against us. What was that? I looked at Jiyoon as she just shrugged. The moment they left the house I faced aunt Haesoo as I questioned her.

"What's happening?"

Her expression stayed dark as she was still looking at the door where the three of them left.

"Go upstairs after you have your breakfast Areum we need to have a serious talk."

I quickly ate my meal as I placed a toast of bread and some bacon and stuffed them down in my mouth, after 10 minutes I got upstairs only to see that my mom and aunt Haesoo are sitting seriously faced to face.

"Mom?"

Their eyes drifted on me as I quickly sat down beside my mom. The moment I can close to her I saw that her eyes were filled with sadness.

"Uhh what are we-"

"Areum, Have the teachers from your younger Years questioned you about your name?"

I gave her a clenched eyebrow as I answered.

"Questioned? Yes, I mean they usually ask if its really my name coz they sometimes find it to be invalid"

"And what do you think about that?"

To be honest, aunt haesoo really looks terrifying right now.

"I just say to my self that maybe the registrar has some defect on some students names?"

That moment I saw her smirked for the first time. Her appearance now is really far from her normal self. She appears to be really cold and..... Terrifying.

"Park Areum, a very beautiful name. It really suites you well."

She said as she smiled at me which made my eyes show off a curious look.

"But Park Areum, doesn't exist."

She said with very smooth voice but her face is filled with a smirk. What did she just said? I forced off a fake laugh as I looked at her.

"Aunty! Stop joking around, look, this atmosphere is really not the Aunt Haesoo gives of-"

"Lee Haesoo doesn't exist"

She said with a stern voice. She tried to smile again but I didn't let her speak again.

"Aunty what the hell are you talking about? You know if Jiyoon finds this out she-"

"Lee Jiyoon? She's also not real"

I faced my mom with a serious face as I found her with a cold face.

"Park Areum, Lee Haesoo, and Lee Jiyoon doesn't exist. They are not found on anyone's birth certificates."

I looked at my aunty with a cold face as I talked about nothing. I waited for the words she said.

"But Winter Choi, my darling is so real. You know her too well, you see her everyday."

"Winter what?! What the heck are you talking about?! Come on aunty this isn't funny!"

I stood up as I faced the door and took a step but before I can do so I was held in a twisted posture as Aunt Haesoo was holding my hair up on a ponytail revealing my tattoo.

"Winter Choi, suites you better dear. It even matches our Solstice Symbol."

"What are you talking about? This doesn't make sense!"

"Well then its your choice to know, will you stay here and hear every single detail between Areum and Winter? Or will you carry on and face the world with an unidentified identity?"

What ever she would explain is really unexpected. Why would my life be filled with lies?