Primarina X Male Reader

"Come on lads! Time going to be wasted if you don't listen to the waves!"

Everyone, even you, looked up at your captain. Currently the boat was drifting into magical seas. It's said if your voice was beautiful enough, a rare Pokemon would show its face to the own human eye.

"Captain," You rose your voice over the loud sea water, "What do you mean by listening to the waves?"

The captain laughed and hopped off the main dock. The others parted way as he walked slowly towards you, speaking along the way. "Don't you know the waves have ears boy? They listen, hearing for voices that belong to the sea."

He seemed so serious you didn't know how to respond. Everyone else stared at you, waiting for an answer.

You put on a smile and nodded. "Yup! So, you better watch what you say boys, because the sea might just listen."

The sailors chuckled and parted away to continue their own duty. The captain winked at you and patted your shoulder before going to get whiskey. Even though you were bluffing, you never seen the captain so serious in your life before. Crazy old man, but he was your grandfather.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was dinner time as the rest were all eating their fill. Even on the high seas you ate outside, looking at the stars. The ship was on the travel to some islands yet remained unnamed, but contain rare Pokemon. Four in all, they say.

Looking towards the stars you remembered the song your mother sang for you. Breathing in, you let the frost of water come inside your soul.

~Listen to the oceans waves
Music of the great deep, raging into the sea
Mystical and magical
Oh how I crave your secrets
Mystic mermaid of the sea~

"My, what a lovely toon."

You spun around to see the most stunningly beautiful woman of your life. But, she wasn't a human since she was leaning against the edges of the rails. The ship was docked for now as you stared at her tail, light blue and filled with magical jewels to increase her beauty.

"W-Who are you?"

"I'm Primarina, Mermaid of these lovely seas. I take it you're trying to sail towards the uncharted islands that hold guardians?"

"I... guess. I'm not too sure. My grandfather took me here against my will and said it will sharpen me into a man. When I mean sharpen I mean by his hook, because he likes to scratch my head a lot with that hook."

Prim giggled and splashed her tail around more. She was starting to get you wet, but you didn't care as this sight was rare. "I didn't think pirates were so funny."

"Oh, please don't call me one. I'm not even sure where star-port and post are."

Prim only smiled and lifted herself onto the rail. You came over and helped her over the railing, setting her down on the rickety chair. "I apologize for the ships chairs. We don't have nice things because they can be easily throw overboard."

"It's alright. But, I would like you too come to the four islands."

"Huh?" You looked up into her eyes. "The islands no man can ever see? Why me?"

"Haven't you heard the tale? When pleased, mermaids will give man any wish his heart believes. You dream of becoming an architecture, do you not?"

"Y-Yes... but back where I lived there wasn't much you could build. Only fields and dust everywhere."

Prim smiled and leaned closer, her eyes shining with hope. "Then you're wish will come true. On the island the guardians wish to have their temples build. There are four in total. With the help of men, the guardians will handsomely reward you and your crew members. Maybe, even crowing you the king of Aloal."

You sucked in a breath. "I-Is that the name? Aloal?"

Prim didn't answer and jumped back overboard. You dashed to the see if she was alright, which she was, but started swimming ahead. You ran towards the sails and unfolded them, letting the wind lead you along with Prim.

Your grandfather came up, burning with anger as he scolded you. "What is the meaning of this boy?!"

"There are islands up ahead, four of them." You spoke while turning the wheel. "Trust me on her words."

"And who these words belong too?"

"A mermaid."

He went silent and watched as you lead. Along the horizon line, the sun began to rise as it gave life to all four islands. You couldn't breath as they were beautiful. Prim stopped at the first one, the smallest one of them all.

You ran off board and hopped ashore. The sand soaked into your shoes, knowing you somehow belonged here. "I-I can't believe it..."

Prim smiled and made bubbles from her fingers tips, bouncing them lightly. "Welcome to Aloal, our future king (y/n)."