Empoleon

You looked over at your pokemon Empoleon, he was anger because he lost a fight. You knew that Empoleon liked his pride. Never losing. He got beaten badly from an Electivire who had gotten lose from the pokemon day care. This was Empoleon first lost, ever! It broke your heart just to see him so down. He was a human now so he didn't have his powers to save you from the Electivire.

Sure it was cool having him being human and all.... you even had a crush on him! Which only made it worse. You sat down by him, his head down in shame and embarrassment. He couldn't even look at you. He was your star pokemon in battle, always winning with his pride. Now he was just an empty shell.

"Empoleon" you said to the dark hair man "Please stop being so down..... You're worrying me with his.... I know you couldn't help me from the Electivire, but at least I was saved!"

Empoleon face went from sad to angry in a second flat "But I couldn't save you (y/n)! I was weak and powerless to stop him! If it wasn't for that Pokemon Ranger you would have been!" He trailed off as he just stood up and walked off with his head low again.

"Empoleon wait!" you cashed after him as he run down the river. You give up after a while and head back home.

*Time skip*

You were in bed looking up at the wall wondering where Empoleon was. He still hasn't come back after what has happened from today.

"Is he alright? Did something happen to him? Why hasn't he come back yet?!" you wonder to yourself and hear the front door open. You rushed down to see who it was, it was Empoleon, covered in blood and soaking wet. You gasp and help him to the couch.

"Empoleon?!" you ask with your voice filled of worried "What happened to you?! Why are you covered in blood and all wet?!" He grunted and lift his head in see into your (e/c) orbs to meet with his blue ones

"I-I fought s-some pokemon t-to train and p-protect you b-better (y/n)...." you shook your head in sadness at the dark hair man.

"You don't need to protect me Empoleon.... It hurts my heart to see you in this kind of pain... so please stop doing this to yourself and do it for me!" tears fell down your cheeks and onto Empoleon's face. You turn away from him, he couldn't see you like this... you were a tough girl.... you were kind of like Empoleon in that type of thing. Always being the toughest girl in your school. "Look at yourself...... your crying..... I shouldn't be doing this..." you thought to yourself.

Warm hands wiped away the tears, you open your (e/c) eyes to look at him. He was smiling

"W-why are you *sniff* smiling?" Empoleon wrapped his arms around you and rocked back and forth.

"I'm smiling because I know the toughest girl I have known is crying for once in her life. You've always hold things in (y/n). Even when your parents died you whole it in because you didn't want anyone to think you were weak. I never thought that (y/n)." You stared at him in sock until he lean down and kiss your soft lips. You kisses back until you both broke for air. "(y/n)" Empoleon asked blushing deep red "I love you and I will always protect you no matter what happens to me or you."

You laugh and wrapped your arms around his neck and kisses him again saying "I love you too my pride warrior. And I promise to be careful too"