Turtwig

You were known as the great street magician of all time, Magnificent (y/n). In your home town, well if you could call it your home town even if you didn't have a place to stay, you did magic tricks for small pocket coins of money.

All it was, was just a simple pot filled to the top with dirt and a small tree with two large leaves peaking to the sun's light. Normally people wouldn't be interested in a small thing like that, until they begun to watch with their very own eyes.

Today you rounded up your street crowd, hoping they would pay good enough money for two pieces of bread and two cups of water tonight.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" You spoke, barley raising your cape so the hole in the back wouldn't show. "It is an honor for you all to take time out of your schedule to be here with us this lovely afternoon."

The crowd clapped as you smiled and bowed, then turned around and grabbed your wand stick on the table. "Now, watch this seed," you took a seed out of your pocket and dropped it onto the patch of soil inside the pot. "I will make this seedling grow into a tiny tree."

The child smiled and gathered around to watch. You waved your wand around and mumbled words under your breath.

Suddenly, the seedling grew slowly into a small tree. People gasped and clapped at the scene before them. You smirked and waved the wand some more before the tree was at its fullest peak.

"Wow!" One of the children shouted.

"Amazing!" A woman cried out. "Absolute talent in front of my eye!"

You bowed to the crowd as they roared with happiness. No one has seen a tree able to grow in so little of time. It was a one of a kind magic.

But due to you forgetting something... the leaves wilted before the crowds every eye. They stopped clapping and started mumbling under their breaths.

Panicked and worried, you laughed and let your foot kick the person under the table quickly before anyone could see. "It seems the sun here has killed the magic trick for us."

"(y/n)..." a voice from under the table groaned. "I'm thirsty...."

One of the children closest to the table lifted the table cloth hiding the person under the table. Turtwig was panting crazy and fell forward, dragging the pot on top with him.

People begin to boo and call you out. You grabbed Turtwig and skedaddle out of the plaza. After escaping the crowd, you sighed and went to the nearest stream.

Turtwig greedily drank to his fullest as you looked at the money made today. Barley even enough to buy bread around this town....

"I'm sorry..." Turtwig said, wiping his chin off. "I thought I drank enough water today before the show started..."

You smiled weakly, but strongly to Turtwig and patted his shoulder. "Hey it's alright. Maybe I should get a lighter table cloth so you're not suffocating under the table."

"Tell me about it! I was barley inside and started panting like a Lillipup! I'm a grass type! Not a fire type!"

You giggled a little and grabbed your hat, not letting him see the money inside. "I'll make sure the next city we go to is cooler than the one here."

Turtwig smiled, until he looked at the hat on top of your head. "How much money did we make this time?"

"Ummm... well...."

"I'll eat berries then." Turtwig spat out. "You can have the loaf of bread all to yourself. It was my fault we didn't get a full share today and I'll pay for it."

"Turtwig..."

"Too late."

He sat down near the bushes and started picking berries from there. You knew inside Turtwig wanted that loaf of bread, but eating a loaf compared to berries filled your stomach up more.

Besides, he was stubborn like that. You smiled and bought the loaf of bread, but made a berry sandwich for him. He refused to eat it, but he couldn't ignore the stare you give him.

Yup. Both of you were lost children trying to make a living. But traveling around than settling down was better than nothing, it gave a sense of adventure.