Litwick

Cold air bit at the weak candle as its last dying flame went out. The grave yard was eerie and chilly with a sense of dread crawling over your shoulder. It was around midnight and the way back home was way too far.

You decided to visit your grandmother's grave to pay your respects. You promise your parents you would be back by dark, but it was already dark by the time you looked outside. Going outside in the cold was dangerous enough. So you sat down and covered yourself the best you could with your tiny jacket.

A crackling giggle echoed inside the tower. It seemed to be of a young boy. But, no one was in this building but you. Fear took over as you began to open the wooden door, but it was stuck.

Tears rolled down your face as you screamed and kicked at it too open. It was pointless. Defeated and defenseless... you slumped to the floor with exhaustion.

"I-I wanna go home... I miss mommy and daddy..."

"Home you say?" The same voice from earlier called out. "I can guild you back home."

"Y-You can...?"

Along with the giggling a faint light was appearing, making the dark stone walls light up with the rusty tint amount they had. It was a boy around your age but looked to be ghostly...

"Sure I can! I'm Litwick, by the way, and your guide to your house!"

"T-Thank you... I live by the old oak tree not far from the temple."

"Oooo oak tree! I heard they had the best lumber there for having instruments. The bark is strong, but with enough fire or strength they can make lovely music."

You nodded as walked beside him. "We kind of make instruments for a living."

"Hmmm... maybe you can play me a song."

His soft hand rub your hand, making you blush slightly. "I-I guess so..."

"Oh hey a leaf!" A single autumn leaf fell to the ground. Litwick grinned and picked it up, "They said if a leaf fell down around you then a spirit you prayed will answer your wish."

'Grandma...?' You thought. It all it everything you wished for as you turns the leaf in your hand. "I guess she does watch over me."

Litwick giggle and traces the leaves edges. "Every spirit does. They all watch over their loved ones and protect them. You may not feel it, but your grandma protects you even when she's far away for you."

The wind suddenly picked up, making the leaves on the ground swirl around you both. You yelped and covered your face as Litwick laughed. "It looks like the ghosts are beginning to rise from their graves."

"R-Rise?!"

"Don't worry. When I mean by that it means their passing into the afterlife. The wind becomes very windy and will block the sight from people of the living. You can't see it, but if you touch my shoulder you can see it for yourself."

It seemed real enough. Even though you only met his boy just minutes ago something in your heart made feel like you could trust him. You touched his shoulder as the swirling leaves disappeared and replaced them with spirits. Some human and some pokemon. The light on Litwick's head turned dark violet because of the number of spirits in the area.

They were transparent and made the candle light from Litwick's head blurry when they passed through it. It was like early Halloween. Litwick smiled and waved to all of them. "Have a nice journey to the afterlife!"

The spirits turned into balls and faded away. Litwick's candle glow a light purple. It felt warm and safe as he giggled and handed you a leaf. "Here's a special leaf."

It was true, the leaf was a different color. Its inner veins were light purple as the whole leaf itself was ruby. Too good to be true for a leaf, but it was all for you. You smiled and hugged Litwick. "Thank you."

Litwick smiled and hugged back. "You're welcome. Now, let's get you home."

After the maze of trees Litwick finally returned you back home. You turned to thank him, but he was gone. On the ground was a note. You picked it up and it read he would be back tomorrow night. Joyful, you smiled and walked into your house with a secret new friend.