Infernape

"Come on (y/n)! Let's go to the park already! I've been so good!!!"

"Alright, alright! Hold your Ponyta!"

Your little brother/sister has been bugging you about the park forever since they got their cast off from the hospital. They had broken their leg and couldn't do anything to waste the energy they had inside them.

You helped put on their jacket since it was cold and put up their hood. "Now you can climb on the money bars, but I'm going to be right next too you when you do. I don't want you to fall and break your leg again."

They pouted and grabbed your hand once you started walking outside. "I'm growing up (y/n ).... I don't need to hold hands with anyone."

"But you're holding my hand."

"That's different and I'm made too!"

You giggled and walked a bit more blocks until you spotted the park. It was decent size as it had a long metal slide, some swing, a balance beam, and the money bars your little brother/sister loved to play on. It felt like you had a Mankey for a little brother/sister than a human child.

They dashed off when they saw the park and giggled excitedly. You sat down on a bench near the park, enjoying the peace and quiet of nature.

"AHH!!! (Y/N) HELP ME!!!"

You bolted up when you heard their scream and dashed towards it. You gasped as a man with flames for hair dangled carelessly upside down on the money bars, only hanging with one foot.

They had your little brother/sister on top of a bar as they cried, scared of height and if they're going to brake their leg again.

You growled and stomped right up to the guy. "Hey! Put my little brother/sister on the ground!"

"Hmmm... they started the fight." He lazily mumbled.

You growled and spread your arms out. "Jump into my hands! I'll catch you!"

"Don't trust her." The fire ape said, "They always say that in the movies, and what do you know next? Dead."

They sobbed more as you glared daggers into the stranger. "Do you mind?"

"Yes, I do mind. The name's Infernape. My playground is here and my turf."

"What?" You said, confused out of your mind. "I've never seen you here before in my life!"

"Maybe you don't come around this time. Anyways, just leave me alone and I won't set your butt on fire."

"(y/n)," Your little brother/sister cried out, "I don't want to leave the monkey bars... I've been waiting forever!"

You sighed and poked Infernape in the chest. "Alright, what will it take for my sister to climb on the money bars?"

"Hmmm..." Infernape scratched a finger under his chin. "You could join me, swinging upside down. They can climb on the other side this money bar does loop around."

"Ummm... okay."

You climbed on, helped your little brother/sister down, and went upside down on the monkey bars. It's bee ages since you done this, maybe since you were ten. Your blood rushed to your head, making you a bit dizzy.

"How can you stand this?" You asked him, almost seeing two sides of him.

Infernape smirked and swung a little bit back and forth. "Practice every day, since I was a little kid."

"Huh." You watched as your little brother/sister swung on the swing. "That's cool."

"Isn't it?"

It became silence as you beginning to get tired, legs cramping up and sore. They were slowly slipping as luckily Infernape saw in time and helped you down.

You groaned in pain and laid down on the ground. "That... hurts..."

Infernape chuckled and swung himself up, perking on the bars. "Can I tell you something? I see you guys almost everyday at this park and never got the courage to speak to you. Now that I did, I'm glad I managed to speak too you."

You were only listening to half of the conversation. "That's... nice..."

Infernape laughed and hopped down, helping you up. "It's getting late. I don't want to keep you in here so long."

You nodded and poked him on the chest. "If I see you again next time, will you let him/her on the monkey bars?"

"I did say he/she could get on the monkey bars, I don't know why. Maybe he/she didn't listen."

You sighed and crossed you arms. "Yes, he/she has a habit of doing that. Come on! Time to go!"

They stopped swinging on the swings and came over. They smiled and grabbed onto your hand, Secertly looking at Infernape and winking at him. Infernape gave them a wink back. This was all planned behind your back, your little brother/sister helping Infernape with his shy crust over you.

You took their hand and started walking, waving at Infernape. "Bye."

Infernape waved back with a smile. "Bye!" He whispered softly to himself. "It took me years, but I managed to finally speak to you."