Typhlosion

To blend in with humans Typhlosion dyed his hair black. You worked part time with your grandma at the pokemon day care and having a pokemon help run it- especially human- was a bit odd to customers.

One day your grandma and grandpa were going on a trip and needed you to look after the place. She gave you the keys and grabbed her small bags. "Are you sure you two will be fine?"

"Yes grandma we'll be fine."

"Alright dear." She opened up the door when she suddenly stopped, "Oh! I forgot to show you!"

Grandma dropped her bags and went into the backroom where she handed you an egg. It was really warm, meaning it was almost ready to hatch. "My dear old friend send me this egg and it's been in a warming nest for a while. If it hatches watch over it for me and take care of the baby pokemon."

You rolled your eyes playful at your grandma and pushed her out of the day care. "Grandma I know how to take care of the daycare."

"I know, I know! Take care! Love you!"

After your grandparents when away the egg suddenly jumped, making you gasp when Typhlosion just then entered the room. "I didn't know we had another egg to hatch."

"Grandma had it in the warming nest. I better put it back..."

You went into the backroom and when to put it back in the warming nest when the light suddenly when out. You groaned while trying to turn it back on. "Why me? Why now? Why just me and right now?"

"What's going on?" Typhosion called from the back.

"The light went out!" You growled and picked up the phone and handed the egg to him. "Watch over it while I call the poke mart."

"Alright..." He said and looked down at the egg.

He knew it was just almost ready to hatch, it just needed some warmth. An idea popped into his head as very gently he used a light ember around his hand as the egg kept to a nice and toasty warm temperature.

"They should be here in an hour... awww!" You looked over as Typhlosion had the egg tuck nice and tightly in his arm. "You kinda look like a dad!"

"Ummm... what?" He mumbled while blushing.

"A dad!" You bend down and touch the egg. "I just kinda wish I could have some dating time while working for the daycare."

"What do you mean?"

A sigh escaped you as you looked down at the ground. "Half of the time I'm either working on my book in the morning or taking care of the pokemon during the evening and night. It's hard to find someone and time for them when you're too busy..."

"Y-You know..." He brushed his shoulder up against yours. "I'm always ready to date. If you want we could give it a try."

"R-Really?" Your eyes shined brightly. "You would do just that for me?"

"Y-yeah..." His hands started warming up making the egg move more around but you two didn't notice, "I like you (y/n)... I just didn't think you would wanna date since I'm... you know... a half pokemon and half human thing."

"That doesn't matter. Just ignore the past stares are customers have given you because of what you are now. I've always loved you for who you are, before and now."

He smiled and nuzzled his nose with yours. "Thanks (y/n)."

Before you could say anything the egg suddenly hatched. Typhlosion helped the new born break away its shell as it was a baby Cyndaquil. It cried out as you smiled and grabbed the warm milk from nearby and started feeding it. "I know this might sound stupid... but I think your love warmed up the egg."

Typhlosion couldn't hold it back as he giggled and blushed at the same time. "I guess I did."

The Cyndaquil began to sleep in your arms as Typhlosion pulled you two into his arms as his warmth and love kept you two warm.