Chapter 47

"I am not jealous, I just-" Damn, I was jealous, but I couldn't help it. I finally got Zoe and I couldn't let her get away. We silently ate. She glanced at me once in a while trying to read my face, and I did the same.

"Are you gonna tell me what's wrong?" I asked her as we got back into the car.

"Nothing's wrong Ashton, I'm just a little tired" She muttered, looking down and picking at the hole in her jeans.

"If you're not gonna tell me, at least tell me where you wanna go" We pulled out of the parking lot and onto the main road. There was nothing to do in this side of town, so I wasn't surprised when she suggested we do something that involved driving to the other side of town. The drive was only 45 minutes so it wasn't that long. I pulled up to the parking lot of Jimmy's Awesome Arcade, which was like a Dave n' Busters, but more run down. We decided to just play the games, seeing that we just ate. It was only $20 for about a hundred tokens, and there was only a few games that were actually in order. It was probably an exaggeration, but the place was surely gonna go out of business one of these days. We headed to one of the two basketball games.

"I'm gonna whoop your ass Irwin" Zoe said, placing a token in for both of us. She selected the multiplayer option and the basketballs rolled down towards us.

"Oh yeah?" I challenged her. We both were quickly making shots into the segregated baskets. We both occasionally missed one but Zoe was pretty good so I wouldn't have been surprised if she won. But I also wouldn't be surprised if I won I mean these baskets were so close anyone could win.

It resulted in a tie, the machine giving us five tickets each. We walked over to the row of skeeball games. Zoe sucked at this so she wouldn't be trash talking.

"God I hate this" she muttered as she missed the hole she was going for. She groaned as she noticed my higher score.

"It's okay everyone sucks at somethings," I joked, snaking my arm around her waist

"But did you see the little boy next to me, I was so embarrassed!" She cried.

"You just need practice" I shrugged.

"Please" She scoffed.

"What about this game" I pointed out a game where you hit a button and tried to get the ball that drops into a hole. I wasn't sure of the name, but it was Zoe's favorite game. She put 4 coins in giving her eight chances. She stared intensely at the spinning plate. I watched as kids with bags filled with tickets rushed past us, and worried mothers squeezing past people trying to catch up with them. Me and Zoe had enough tickets that filled up one full front pocket of mine and half of the other one. They weren't really big pockets but they weren't small ones either, but that didn't change the fact that little kids have more tickets then us. I didn't understand how they mastered these games so easily. Zoe was up to four tickets and 6 chances.

"If you get it in jackpot I will..." I thought for amount.

"You'll what?" She smirked, not taking her eyes off the plate.

"I'll get back to you on it, hold on"

She ended up getting 40 tickets on that game. We still had a few more tickets left so we decides to waste it on games that will actually give us tickets. Despite the fact that they didn't have good games, they did give I good prizes. But they involved a lot of tickets, or else you were stuck getting some cheap candy they probably got from the dollar store down the street. The group of ten year olds cheered as their skilled friend got a bunch of tickets. They all watched in awe as the bright red tickets poured out of the machine.

"Why can't we be like them?" Zoe whispered.

"Because our parents never took us out when we were younger" I joked.

Authors Note:

Sorry for the lack of updating I feel horrible but I literally have so much going on this is the last things I'm worried about but a lot of you seem to like it so I keep going. You guys are my motivation.